Show off your WMO/WVO filtration setups

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see what any of the members here have for waste motor oil/waste veggie oil filtration setups.

The more home-made the better. ;Sweet

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Its not done yet but you kinda get the idea. Its a gravity feed system. First filter is 10 microns Second is 5 Third is 1 micron and the last is a golden rod water block filter.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Where did you get those filters?

Tractor Supply. I was only able to get the 5 and 10 micron cartridges from them though for the water filters. The 1 microns will be from Grainger. Have not ordered them yet lol The Golden Rod water block filter also came from Tractor Supply.

The blue filter housings are only like 16 bucks and you can get all kind of different micron rating cartridges for them.

I added the water block filter as a just in case thing.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice CDX. ;Sweet

I added the water block filter as a just in case thing.

Should I assume the 'water block filter' is specifically designed to remove any water that the first filters did not?

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
well right now im using this bio-diesel polishing filter that happend to fall in my lap

but now i have these racors that im thinking of sticking under the box in my truck and having the tidy tank pump into them and have a mobile filteration setup

the tank

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
10 micron into a 2 micron.
You must be registered for see images attach

how long have u been running that fiill-rite and are you pumping 100% engine oil?

I find when i use mine to pump oil from a barrel you can listen to it labor more then just diesel and i wonder if that will be the death of it :confused:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Here's my WMO setup using a 9 gallon air pig with 2 old CAT fuel filter heads on the outside. Fill it with oil, screw the cap on and put about 40psi of air pressure in the tank - filtered right in to the truck or into a gas tank....Total investment - $100 and it's portable so it can be stored easy. I don't burn WMO unless diesel is crazy in price.;Sweet

91crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how long have u been running that fiill-rite and are you pumping 100% engine oil?

I find when i use mine to pump oil from a barrel you can listen to it labor more then just diesel and i wonder if that will be the death of it :confused:

I've been using it for about half a year now. It pumps 100% WATF no problem without filters on it. It struggled when the filter were on, mostly because they were clogging so fast. Now I started heating my oil and it pumps it through the filters a lot easier.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Alex, what are those pot looking things in your filtering setup?

Lol well i dont know how else to put it but they are pot filters AKA SDFC(W2) I have a box of them but i think when I run out they will be coming from the UK the machine was made over there

from this web site
http://www.bonnymans.co.uk/index.php?l=product_detail&p=98

For BD5/6000 range and FTP180

• Long life filtration cartridge

• Water and contamination removal

• Removes final production residues and soaps

• Holds ± 2kg of solid contaminants

• Holds ± 800 ml of water

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! :thumbsup:

I'm going to start running WMO and I want to see some of the filtering options that are available. I especially like the portable version, BigRig. ;Sweet

Thanks for all of the responses. If you've got something you'd like to share, please do. I like free information. :angel:

Cucamongan

Huh?
Reaction score

Its not done yet but you kinda get the idea. Its a gravity feed system. First filter is 10 microns Second is 5 Third is 1 micron and the last is a golden rod water block filter.

Can I get a pic of the pre-tank and the after tank? and how its plumbed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online