Mechanically injected PSD

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Didn't know where to put this catagory wise, but www.swampsdiesel.com has a front cover that allows a mechanical inline pump, common rail injection system or twin HPOPs to be adapted to the 7.3PSD. The mechanical pump version was what stood out.
Could the reality of having a streetable, but simplified 7.3 with direct injection be at the door? Your thoughts; would you invest in something like this?:dunno

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Can you get a better link of the product?

I tested the link and it worked, but the picture of the cover is in Sept. 2009 of Diesel Power, pg. 33. Got a chance to talk to the shop; it could open up some big doors for 7.3 performance.;Sweet
The people that have run the set up so far either use a Mack or Cat pump and Cummins 8.3 injectors that Swamp's has adapters for. The heads are unmodified. Just have to make the lines. I thought about a 9.0L IH v8 pump to keep it all in the family. Saw one on ebay for 295.00.
Could ya imagine 600hp and no computer controls?
Call 'em at 615-793-5573

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Oh I was thinking the site would have the products listed. I have heard they are developing this kit. It was more of a common rail thing, to get rid of the HEUI setup and convert to common rail...didnt know they were doing mechanical too lol

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i saw this in the diesel mag, but didnt realize what kind of doors it could open.. how would one go about making something similiar on the idi?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't know where to put this catagory wise, but www.swampsdiesel.com has a front cover that allows a mechanical inline pump, common rail injection system or twin HPOPs to be adapted to the 7.3PSD. The mechanical pump version was what stood out.
Could the reality of having a streetable, but simplified 7.3 with direct injection be at the door? Your thoughts; would you invest in something like this?:dunno
My thoughts - was about time! Would I invest in it - if I had the financial resources, hell yes, not necessarily from a power standpoint, I just hate electronic controls way too much ;)

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
i saw this in the diesel mag, but didnt realize what kind of doors it could open.. how would one go about making something similiar on the idi?

An adapter can be made to put an inline pump on an IDI, and it has been done; yet, you still have to deal with the limitations of the IDI. The PSD longblock is better for high performance work.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
An adapter can be made to put an inline pump on an IDI, and it has been done; yet, you still have to deal with the limitations of the IDI. The PSD longblock is better for high performance work.

Wouldn't you have to make a custom manifold to fit an inline pump on an IDI?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calroc

Members online