Fuel filter upgrade

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been fighting a dirty front tank and the little filter wasnt cutting it even when new.:backoff

So today I put on a detroit diesel primary, designed for suction, 30 micron and 5.75 thru my buddys napa acct. ;Sweet
This should last longer than the 3/8 inline.
The suck part is I found my right rear has gear lube shining up the tire, of course the brakes are 6 months old.-cuss-cuss

Attachments

• misc fuel 004.jpg
    misc fuel 004.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 32
  • misc fuel 005.jpg
    misc fuel 005.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 47
  • misc fuel 006.jpg
    misc fuel 006.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 41

zpd307

Reaction score
maybe you will be lucky. when i found out my right hub was leaking, that sealed the deal on a total rebuild. good thing though, as the bearings were junk. anyway, i had the drums off to replace the wheel cylinders earlier, everything was dry at that time. of course. but the shoes were practically new. i bought a new set of shoes figuring they were now junk, but they called and said they were dry. so i didnt have to replace them.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Russ.. look closely at the shoes. Try to wash them with brake cleanr if they have just a tiny bit of oil on them.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No algae, just fuel from a dirty barrell a while back, insects mostly. The tanks are shiny inside.

Yeah GAry, I am going to wash down the shoes with copious amounts of brakeclean, I modded the E-brake tabs so I really dont want to/cant afford to put new ones on.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Russ... You could try heating them up in an oven. That will wick the oil out of them too. Just wrap them with paper towels to aid in the wicking action.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont want my next pizzas to taste like syn gear oil.:rotflmao

BTW does anyone have a pic of the correct socket or a blue point number, for the rear nuts, I cant remember if the gm one is the same or not.
Thanks

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is parker hydraulic return hose. Also used for air hose and other stuff. Gates calls it LOL hose. lube oil line.
Lotzagoodstuff can give specifics I bet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online