Answers from TS Performance...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDI RALLY - Answers from TS Performance...

Well..... Missy and I met with Dennis Perry (owner) yesterday. He is a great guy and I know we are going to have a good time at his shop. And without further delay....

We will dyno/tour TS on Monday July 6th. We are planning on being there at 10-10:30 am.

The dyno is a SuperFlow and it is supposed to be very accurate. More so than a Dynojet. He can give three standard HP/Torque measures with this machine. We can choose which one, but we'll all use the same measure during our pulls.

The TS dyno is quite big....it can easily accomodate any truck coming to the rally. When we were there, he had a crew cab F550 (obviously a dually) strapped down and there was more than enough room.

Duallies do not have to remove the outer wheel.

Yes, they can accomodate stacks, bed and hood (I don't think anyone has a hood stack), single or double.

Cost.......$50 (the usual is $75 and up for most places you can dyno) and that is for three pulls.

The standard is for the dyno engineer (Clint) to operate the trucks on the dyno. As stated by Nick in the other post.....this is what he does for a living. He is very good and will give the most accurate result. It is his butt on the line if he blows up or breaks TS's very expensive race trucks (motor alone can be up to $35,000). He also does all their "tuner" or "chip" testing.....doing pulls all day long. So, you will get a more accurate measure of your rig's power if Clint runs your truck than if you do. Also we are the first (and maybe only) event to make pulls on their dyno. At the annual TS "Outlaw" event, he has outside operated (trailer) dynos in the parking lot..........they don't use the shop's. So, we don't want to screw anything up by not knowing what to do on the dyno.

The shop is full of very clean/fast race trucks. They should be there for us to drool over while at TS. Check out their website for some photos.

Again, he seems like a very nice guy and he is giving us a good deal on the cost. It will be a very cool event. Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Heath

Last edited:

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
:thumbsup: Put me down for a spin. I have my intercooler pipes on order and it should be in by then. ;Sweet $50 ya that's cheep.

I know how alot of you guys feel about letting someone else behind the wheel of your truck, but when the guy runs the dyno for a living, I think you can trust him to not blow up your truck. I drive my truck harder every day, than it gets on a dyno for a 15 sec. pull.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a lot of issues with letting others behind the wheel. They range from the way he gets in and out, to the dirt on his shoes and butt. I'm just too ****. LOL If it breaks on the dyno I'm a thousand miles from home and have no one to blame but Clint. Believe me, nobody wants to be on the receiving end of my wrath when I'm on vacation. It would spoil it for everybody, so I'll just sit it out. That's my problem though, not yours. ;)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes, I have some... The cost you were qouted is $50.00... Now is that for 3 times on the dyno or is this once your on the dyno you get three runups while your hooked up... I may want to be changing out some pumps so thats why I'm asking this. Maybe even changing the advance so we all know what works better for each person.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have some... The cost you were qouted is $50.00... Now is that for 3 times on the dyno or is this once your on the dyno you get three runups while your hooked up... I may want to be changing out some pumps so thats why I'm asking this. Maybe even changing the advance so we all know what works better for each person.

Gary, the way it is typically done is you get three consecutive pulls.... to get an average. They are flexable, and may not have a problem with that, but, it will be something to discuss with Dennis and Clint. The issuse I'm guessing is hooking up the truck, setting up the dyno and making a pull, takes some time. And, we'll hopefully have plenty of time, but who knows, we may have 20-30 trucks there.

I didn't ask specifically about spreading out the three pulls for testing, but I'm sure he wouldn't care as long as all of us don't ask to do that.:dunno

Heath

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score

most all places Ive been to those are consecutive pulls, with time to change a chip or program, or make minor mechanical asdjustments no major work in between.
to unstrap and then restrap was another $50.00
there is more work spent straping and unstraping than actuallt dynoing.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
most all places Ive been to those are consecutive pulls, with time to change a chip or program, or make minor mechanical asdjustments no major work in between.
to unstrap and then restrap was another $50.00
there is more work spent straping and unstraping than actuallt dynoing.

Yup, that's what I was trying to say in the above post. Thanks for helping me out there Nick.

Heath

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I met Dennis Perry a couple weeks ago during the Diesel Power Challenge. We ran the competitor's trucks on his dyno and it went smooth. He is giving us a heck of a deal and he is such a nice guy who truly loves diesels.
Talk about trust I was 15-feet in the air standing on the forks of his fork lift hanging a sheet to make a make shift photo studio. The fork lift had no breaks but we got the truck photographed and I didn't fall off no matter how hard he tried to shake me. JK
This is going to be a great time.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, are ANY IDI's plan on running on the dyno, or just PSD's and goats????

I know Heath is planning to do it because of the Moose Mister before and after comparison I think... . I might, but I have to see what consideration will be given for my special needs. LOL

fine6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any 6.9 turbo trucks going to dyno? Would like to see some numbers on one, and would love to see some numbers on one with a Moose pump and Moose Misters!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online