What does this mean?

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to buy fuel on my way home from work and took a pic of this sticker.

What's a person supposed to do if they have a 2007 model vehicle?. What kind of diesel will they be using?

What does this mean for our vehicles?

I am guessing that this means that the fuel still being pumped is not the ULSD but just the same LSD.

No I am not talking about LSD as in the drug either :rotflmao

Attachments

• Jun02_0001.jpg
    Jun02_0001.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does this mean for our vehicles?

It means you will pay a buck a gallon more :puke: for the right stuff like when they came out with unleaded for gasoline engines;Pissed

Honestly, it's the first I've heard of that but it must be related to emmisions equipment. Are the putting catalytic converters on diesels yet or are they starting up in '07:confused:

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '07 and up diesels have a lot of additional emission equipment on them. Part of the reason for the delay in introducing the next Ford Diesel in 08 instead of mid 07 was lack of ULSD at the pumps. Bio fuel looks better all the time. On that subject, Billings MT now has Bio fuel at a new Town Pump.

Cats have been on diesels for years. The new stuff is to reduce combustion byproducts that are unique to diesels.

snatchal

Reaction score
Same stickers are showing up on pumps in Michigan. I've asked two station attendants about it but just get dear in the head-lights looks.

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
My guess would be that the '07 vehicals most likely are going to have sensors in the fuel system, or something to that effect. With computer sensor equipment, the LSD may have to much sulphur and damage the sensors.

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The current LSD will destroy the new emission control components in the exhaust system the same way lead destroyed cats, probably worse.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, but there won't be any 500ppm diesel at legal on road pumps after June in California and December in the rest of the US, so by the time many 07 diesels are on teh road, the dirty fuel will be gone hopefully. I hope we've already paid teh premium for the new 15ppm fuel, otherwise its gonna suck,

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel JD said:
Yep, but there won't be any 500ppm diesel at legal on road pumps after June in California and December in the rest of the US, so by the time many 07 diesels are on teh road, the dirty fuel will be gone hopefully. I hope we've already paid teh premium for the new 15ppm fuel, otherwise its gonna suck,

You never pay the premium anytime theres a change in the fuel formula. The oil companies use the excuse to raise prices whether putting something in or taking it out.

The prices rose in California when they put MTBE in and the ooil companys used the excuse of the prices rising because of the MTBE. When they discovered that they needed to remove it they raised the prices again.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing those stickers now too. Makes me wish I could afford to buy a few thousand gallons and my own storage facility somewhere.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
BIODIESL you all need to start brewing. That is all I have run for over a year now. 75 cent a gal.

1992-6.9

Reaction score
Yeah, the 7.3l powerstroke has had cats for a LOOONG time. New diesels will have cats, and also fancy new particulate filters....or at least teh cummins and powerstroke will...

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Those stickers are on stations by law since June 1st 2006.

Ones that are ULSD will say 15PPM

LSD will say 500PPM

Anyways, if you drive a 2007 right now, you're pretty screwed. January 2007 it'll all be ULSD.

jeffgordon24

91 f250 kingcab 4*4
Reaction score
i noticed that too on my ride down to new hampshire this summer
every gas station had that on there diesel pumps i even saw one that said 97 and newer

82fordtruck

Reaction score
ok - The 07 and up have a particulate Filter in the exhaust. The sulfur can clog that thing in no time, so it really can do damage to the truck. This was a large part of the reason for me upgrading when I did.

I believe that every IDI out there is going to need an IP within the next year, and frequent diesel additives thereafter. In my 2006, I can run the new stuff or the old stuff without damage to the engine or any part of it. This will be true for most relatively new engines.

Do a google search on a particulate filter - very interesting. Damn EPA!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online