95 F250 PSD , I think fuel filter?

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have put about 3500 miles on my "new to me" truck and I love it! But, when I first crank in the morning, it cranks right off, then dies. It re-cranks fairly easily. My first thought if fuel filter needs replacing. Any other suggestions? Keep in mind we bought in February and it sat for a couple of years not running before we bought it. This is something that just started.

Also, unrelated since it sat under trees for those two year, it was covered in tree gunk (thankfully no sap) but I still have not been able to remove all the crud. I have tried different cleaners, Simple Green , a couple things from the Parts store...... Hood needs repainted, but I think I might be able to buff it a little if I can get the crud off.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fuel sending unit has 2 filters... drop the tank and clean em up.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Actually it's just a pickup screen, common for them to break off and you'll run empty at 1/4 tank.
But this doesn't sound like that's what is happening.
If it does it every morning, pull the filter cap off and see if the bowl is full.
Also check the hpop oil level.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea... I was gonna call you full of dirty ***** matter, until I retread "1995"
Ill shaddup

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now it is randomly cutting off , it cranks right back up. When it is cold I have to really watch my stops and keep foot on pedal or it dies. Also check engine light comes on , mechanic could not pull code on it. When check engine light is on tranny shifts a little harder but as soon as light goes off it is fine. Sitting at mechanic now , I am thinking i might have a full leak.

boostedretard

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad CPS. A 7.3 CPS can cause all sorts of issues and one should always been in the glove box. Last time my CPS went out on July I was on a road trip and truck cut in and out 3 times made it home but a few days latter it was running horrible and cutting in an out. Got to work crawled up under swapped the CPS and drove home. A bran new motorcraft CPS can be had from rifraff for a little over 20$

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mechanic found leaking water/fuel sensor , replacing plus some small fuel lines right there as they look rough. Will check cps

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Unless they went down, cps from RiffRaff is about $80.
Next time it acts up, unplug the icp sensor and see if that makes it run better.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Had a better one, don't know where it went.
You must be registered for see images attach

Lockedhearts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Least costly place to purchase IPR? My local Auto Supply wants about $250+ for it......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86