stage 1 injectors

Black dawg

Reaction score
has any body with kens injectors had them apart or taken a good look at the end of the nozzle?

Black dawg

Reaction score
Kens stuff sure seemed like the way to go so I talked a friend into buying a set of his stage one injectors. After about a month he finally recieved them, and brought them to show me. They were not very clean, and looked like they had used nozzles in them, well they were used nozzles. They are the 1991 nozzle for the 1991 injector and how he makes them flow more is no mystery. Since they didnt look to be very good we had them tested and two had very poor spray patterns, they just kinda squirted out to the side. pressures were bettween 1780-1810. Im not trying to start a war here, but I cant believe nobody else has had problems with these

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
This is good info. I've been very interested in the results people have been claiming, but sort of waiting on the sidelines too see how things turn out.

Black dawg said:
They are the 1991 nozzle for the 1991 injector and how he makes them flow more is no mystery.

So what does he do? Just make the hole bigger?

One thing to keep in mind also, he charges a very low price for these. So it definitely doesn’t feel like he is trying to rob everyone...

Black dawg

Reaction score
Yes 28 bucks seems like a heck of a deal and i do believe these would flow more fuel. I dont remember seeing anything about reusing old nozzles and i thought that a higher pop pressure was beneficial. I would have also liked to have seen much cleaner work. I just cant picture these lasting very long.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I did not got the chance to get Ken injectors (stage 1) yet, but a lot of people just love he's products. Myself I have had a lot of good advice from Ken so I can bet if you call Him he'll definitely back he's product.

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wiating on mine. I know he has two options. New and rebuilt. So like most, I went with the rebuild.

I do not know exactly what he does, but he told me it is machined differantly. I do not believe that it is just more fuel, because it is claimed to increase HP up to 25, and widen the power band, and not hurt milage?
I do not know... I will find out if I ever get them!

Doug

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but favorable remarks from all of Ken's products, and nothing but good regarding his customer support. He doesn't *have* to do this--he has another job that probably pays his bread and butter. As far as I know, he is the only performance guy when it comes to IDI trucks.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dsblack said:
I do not believe that it is just more fuel, because it is claimed to increase HP up to 25, and widen the power band, and not hurt milage?
I do not know... I will find out if I ever get them!

Doug
Hmmmm, more fuel, more HP and the same mileage. ;Really

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not all three at the same time Ray. They will flow more fuel, give you more power, when you want it, but the rest of the time, your probably consuming the same, and hence getting the same milage (if your keeping your foot out of it). I think those are the kinds of performance mods most folks want. More power when they need it, and good economy when they don't.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Probably not all three at the same time Ray. They will flow more fuel, give you more power, when you want it, but the rest of the time, your probably consuming the same, and hence getting the same milage (if your keeping your foot out of it). I think those are the kinds of performance mods most folks want. More power when they need it, and good economy when they don't.
(if) is a big word ;Really

And sorry to say brother Mel, I just installed a new bulb for my radio face plate;Sweet .

When you take purchase...(you) can buy the fancy pants injectors. :D

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Agnem said:

Is it possible that better atomization of the fuel, such as a higher pop pressure, would result in a finer mist and easier to combust fuel charge, thus making more power with the same amount of fuel? Making Mel's statement very much the case!

Look at what fuel injection can do for a gasser. Carb. more or less slobber fuel into the incoming air, much of which settles out on the way to each cylinder. TBI (CFI, Throttel Body, whatever you want to call it) sprays pressurized fuel and can more closely meter the fuel, giving better performance than a carb by providing a much finer "mist". Then the best of them all MFI (Multiport) where fuel is sprayed at a much higher pressure, thus is a finer mist and utilized to it's full potential, all the while being injected just outside the intake valve so less pooling happens. In any case, the spraying at a higher pressure allows more power extraction from the same fuel load.

So in theory, if the pop pressure was raised, line pressure would be increased, causing a higher nozzle pressure when the pintle lifts off the seat. Then again, maybe I am full of it and should just shut up!!! :)

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
SLE, I think you are pretty much right there. How much psi can you get without damaging the pump? Kind of like the old days when we used to drill out the jets on the holleys. :Sly

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Magoo said:
SLE, I think you are pretty much right there. How much psi can you get without damaging the pump?

I would guess that to be the limiting factor.

Kind of like the old days when we used to drill out the jets on the holleys. :Sly

I resemble that remark! Boss could never figure why I would buy a brand new carb and tear it apart before even installing it!!! :)

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magoo said:
SLE, I think you are pretty much right there. How much psi can you get without damaging the pump? ...
With performance there's always a compromise...somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes