New to me 90 F250 IDI and hello from Bokeelia!

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm very happy to have found this place!My name is Rich and I'm a life long motor head. I used to be a partner in a Porsche & VW custom and restoration shop. We did a lot of muscle cars as well as many strange foreign cars and bikes as well. I always admired diesels from afar and out of necessity, I finally have just purchased my first diesel truck. I need to tow our 30ft. RV 2000 miles north a month from now. My overland style 99 Jeep XJ, while a great vehicle, is certainly not up to the task! The "new" truck is a third owner 1990 RWD F250 XLT NA 7.3 IDI E4OD it has 190,*** documented miles, has been well maintained and everything works. It has very little rust and while it is definitely not a show truck, I think it looks great for it age. I'm a 4X4 manual tranny kinda guy, but I needed a truck, and this one was in too good of a condition and the price was right, so I couldn't pass it up.
I've got a lot of reading and research to do and I'm sure many questions to ask about how to get it ready for the trip. I'm a bit concerned about the E4OD, although this one was checked and serviced recently, I've herd some bad reports... I'll put a tranny cooler on it ASAP and I'd like to hear other suggestions on what I can do to increase longevity of the E4OD as well as the rest of the drive line. I'm off to do some reading...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Few more pictures

I go back to pick it up on Saturday, it's about a four hour drive, so I'll have some time to get acquainted with the truck! I didn't take a picture of the engine the day I bought it, but it's stock and is in about the same condition as the rest of the truck ;Really

Attachments

• 20160314_102839.jpg
    20160314_102839.jpg
    897 KB · Views: 6
  • 20160314_102912.jpg
    20160314_102912.jpg
    594.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20160314_103145.jpg
    20160314_103145.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 8

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to OBN.not the first type of vehicle you envision when you think of that neighborhood is it? :D
hope she serves you well.you came to the right place to gain info on her.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was thinking more along the lines of something with wings.:D

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saburai,

WELCOME ABOARD. - You found the RIGHT diesel truck forum, imVho.

NEAT PU, too. - Looks quite similar to mine, except my has a chocolate brown strip down the sides.

yours, satx

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. If I ever get a spare moment, I'd like to spend some time in the lounge. From a short lurk, it looks like a comfortable and fun place!