subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Nice little video, had to stop it though since I had kids around LOL

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Bob's your uncle! I used a ratchet strap to pull the fork back and compressed the rod with my hand. Almost broke my strap! Good trick to keep in mind though. I'll do that if I ever land a 4x4 ZF5 for the conversion.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Bob's your uncle! I used a ratchet strap to pull the fork back and compressed the rod with my hand. Almost broke my strap! Good trick to keep in mind though. I'll do that if I ever land a 4x4 ZF5 for the conversion.
I have one of those listed in the classifieds if interested.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Due to the cursing, can't make it a tech article. Lol but man that made me laugh.

Cursing...thats Canadian shop english...I dont do E for everyone rated video...I do shop dont care whos watching...actually didnt even realize there was descriptive colourful language...

Oh well none of the other tech 101 are in tech section so just tell em to search tech 101...lmao

mcghan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do a lot more swearing and cussing than that and swear i'll never work on them again.........till next time lol

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now that were all familiar with bob, grab your 5/16" drill and drill the transmission, where the hole on the slave is and install a bolt and nut!

Last edited:

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Clever way of doing it. I usually try to slide 'em in at an angle or failing that jam it in with my hand and/or screwdriver/etc. I'll have to remember your method.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I have never had an issue putting the ball into the fork, pushing the slave backwards to retract the rod then slipping the clip on. But also all mine still have the strap/bushing on them. Lol

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dumb question but do you just cut the straps and leave the little ball cover in place or to you wiggle it out of there?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online