Stopped to look at someone's yard ornament today.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
This truck has been sitting for many years. Factory turbo idi, 5 speed. The clutch is to the floor and turbo is missing. Interior is musty as all get out, rust blisters from sitting on lower body. She has been repainted at some point and was a tow rig, has G/N ball and electric brakes.

The biggest up side I can think of is that it should be a turbo engine with the bigger rods. Even at $500, I started thinking this thing needs more work than its worth, especially when you can source nice, rust free trucks from 3 to 5 grand from cali and the pacific NW. I'm torn, lol.
You must be registered for see images

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Hmm, now you got me thinking. I really want a supercab 4x4 dually flatbed. I could sell the bed, at least the dog houses, they are always in demand.

I'd be plenty ok with an auto, C6 in particular so I could most likely get some money out of the zf, petals and such as well.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you wanted to go that route, put the money out and the work in, that wouldn't be a bad idea

1994 Ford F250, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offence but youd be stupid not to buy it for 500..00,the parts alone if you part it will more the double/triple your money

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think twice buying a parts truck with a zf for less than 700. I get an easy 4-5 out of a 5 speed and the rest is profit.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't find those deals around here. If I found that truck here the owner would probably look me in the eye and with a straight face say "I wouldn't take less than $2500"
SMH

1994 Ford F250, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I haven't had the chance to talk money yet, I left my name and number with the owners wife. I put $500 out there more for conversations sake. I will keep you guys posted on any developments whether good or bad.

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
500 is no problem on that truck. Honestly I think it would be a deal. Down here I bet that would pull $1500. For 500 I would buy it just for the zf as others have said. Then even being lazy and sending it for scrap I bet I would about break even, without even selling all the parts (not that I would do that, just sayin)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i payed more than that for a dually rear axle.
that dually bed is a grand.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to say, that's a pretty nice rear bumper, I'm sure you can get some money out of that, especially with the lights in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online