heater problem

joe887766

Reaction score
well i have been driving my 1997 f250 for a while now, then all of a sudden it was getting cool the other night (yes im in florida) and turn the heater on and the *** wouldnt turn to the red side, it turns nice all in the blue. but as soon as the heat(red) comes up it just stops and wont go any farther. i know its controlled by a cable. i dont want to take it a apart yet and find its something super easy.

thanks
joey

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A pen or something fell into a defroster vent and is keeping the blend door from closing.take the glovebox out and remove the cover from the heater box,reach in and pull the objects out that dont belong there.

Could also be something bounced out of the glovebox and is sitting on top of the heaterbox binding the door lever

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blend door. Mine broke - I think it was the bottom pivot that failed causing it to jam. That was a cold winter (last year). PITA to fix. I notice mine is sticky now - well, frozen, so I guess it will fix itself if it ever warms up here. I am guessing you don't have that problem though... it was -27C (-17F) here last nightcookoo

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If it's the blend door, I think there's a fix for it.

Might ask Lcam on here, in the idi section.
I think it was him talking about.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

joe887766

Reaction score
is the whole blend door different on a 1997 from a 1994 f250? i know so many little things are different but never had any problems with the 1994 and drove it from 180K to 471K when i parked it.