on board air

swervyjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's seems to be a good bit of talk about on board air in the last few days. I'd like to see some of yalls setups if possible. Is like to mount a York 210 on my engine so I'm looking for ideas. Also, does anyone know what an air compressor off a medium duty IDI puts out versus a York?

MedicMoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to run a 12v compressor, into a 5 gallon tank that is going to be mounted up where my muffler was, since I have a stack now. so much room! I'm setting it up for an air horn.

smokin150

aka Diesel Weasel
Reaction score
Soon as I can afford it I'm going to buy the compressor and valve from navistar and then add a 20gal tank off a Pete I have, set up my auto level air susp, and air assist brakes

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying there's no room left under the hood.... So what about a pto driven air compressor? Or does such a thing even exist?

Smokin150, you going to add pods to the rear axle, or??? I'd like to hear it, that is unless you don't wanna share. Which I would completely understand.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Ive got one of these puppies Viair 480 constant duty compressor set with about a 125 pressure switch and I have an air tank I scavanged off an old semi trailer at a bone yard, all kinds of nice fittings and a pull cord drain already on it, that I mounted under the passenger seat, put a quick connect for air tools for road side tire repairs , but it's all plumbed in permanand for my air seat and rear air suspension that has an automatic leveler on it so the thing adjusts itself going down the road just like a big truck :D

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Ive been looking at an Oasis compressor for when I get around to adding air, its essientially a York compressor tied to a 5hp electric motor, pulls a lot of amps but havnt found anything else that can match it for output (thats remote mounted)

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

NEEDS A TANK STILL BUT DOES TIRES

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I run a York 210 where the factory a/c compressor would be. I have one air tank under the drivers door and another larger one under the rear of the bed.

At the farm we have a 4700 International with a belt driven bendix compressor and it doesn't seem to be that much faster than my york, if any at all. It is made for continuous duty though, being lubed by pressurized engine oil and cooled with engine coolant too....

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
i have an oasis currently needing new brushes but it was on my 87 chevy with a 12 gallon tank for airride with 8 valves and 1/2 inch line it was kinda a hopper i could fill a 12 gallon from 0 to 200 psi in 2 mins but with the oasis you have to get a bigger alternator and extra batteries .... thats one of the reasons it needs new brushes plus its like 4 or 5 years old

smokin150

aka Diesel Weasel
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying there's no room left under the hood.... So what about a pto driven air compressor? Or does such a thing even exist?

Smokin150, you going to add pods to the rear axle, or??? I'd like to hear it, that is unless you don't wanna share. Which I would completely understand.

Its gonna be tight to fit the compressor next to my AC but its doable. As for my rear axel, I'm going to use bags of an older kw that fit in between the spring and frame almost perfect. I've got the ride adjuster off an old Pete along with a few other things (used to work at a big truck salvage yard) i

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Its gonna be tight to fit the compressor next to my AC but its doable. As for my rear axel, I'm going to use bags of an older kw that fit in between the spring and frame almost perfect. I've got the ride adjuster off an old Pete along with a few other things (used to work at a big truck salvage yard) i

have you looked into ping tanks as well that would really make the ride a1 smooth

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you looked into ping tanks as well that would really make the ride a1 smooth

Interesting: are you using the ping tank to cool or just for more air capacity/storage? I've seen ping tanks used in between compressors and dryers on buses where there wasn't enough room to make the hot air hose long enough, but I've never seen anybody use one on an air ride system for light duty truck.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
ping tanks between the vavle and the bag 1 gallon or less 1/2 gallon being the best it increases the air volume making the bag act like a much larger bag and thus smoothing out the ride