Running out of ideas, why dont my brake lights/flashers work?!

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont know how long it has been since they worked, noticed a week or 2 ago after I removed/reinstalled my bed.

Trailer brakes work, and everything appears to be connected on the brake pedal, except I have a plug dangling down by my pedals connected to nothing. Cant see where it should go.

Blinkers also work

Flashers do not work

All fuses appear to be good. Not sure if any relays would be involved in this?

Been googling and messing around with the miltimeter for a few hours to no avail. Anyone know any common failure points?

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under the dash there is the blinker pig tail (at least on the brick) an take out blow clean an put back if the wiggles the smallest you will loose them. Happens to me about once a week my foot touches it shifting/braking.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it could have. But usually just unplug an plug back in does the job. But also there is a wire that goes to the brake light switch thingy with a spring attached to the brake pedal. Two connections there try that as well.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope not sure what that is I can't post pics pm ur number my trucks at work all send u some pics

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the ones I can see are alright, im wondering if there was a seperate ground I disconnected when I pulle the bed and cant find now. I gave up for today too cold and dark haha

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Possibly brake light switch is bad? You didn't mention whether or not you checked that.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brakelight signal comes from the brake switch on the pedal, and goes up to the multi-function switch. The brake signal wire goes into the switch, and the switch mixes the brake and turnsignal flasher signals together, depending on where you have the lever, since the rear bulbs for the brake and the turnsignals are the same wires and bulb filaments.

So, with the turnsignal lever in the center position, you should have 12v coming in from the brake pedal switch(usually a lightgreen wire) when you push on the brake, and when doing this you should also have 12v on both wires going to the rear lights(left brake turn and right brake turn, I can't remember the colors).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online