Fuel Filter Retrofit Questions....

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I snagged a pre-pump filter head (same as the 7.3 IDI) and cartridge filter canister off a 2000 Schoolbus with a T444E in it. I'm probably going to have the fuel heater TIG welded up and relocate to the passenger fender. (I'll get to that in a minute) Anyways, I was wondering if there would be any type of benefit whatsoever to running the T444E style cartridge filter in my truck? Other than having found the filter for 17 bucks a piece, they seem to be the same micron rating and ought to be able to flow enough fuel. (That price is for a 7.3 PSD filter btw, it's proving difficult to find the PN and price for the T444E filter.EDIT: Wix Number for this filter is 33517) Has anyone converted to a cartridge style filtering setup on their IDI like this? Question two- I noticed the pre-filter for the T444E is a much larger filter, with the same micron rating and flows 15GPM but with a MUCH lower price tag. They measure out at around 11 inches long and sell online for 12 bucks a pop, with the water separator drain in the bottom to boot. Has anyone relocated their filter heads and/or running this particular filter? The PN for the T444E filter is 33405 (Wix Number) in case anyone wants to look at them. Any input is appreciated. I'm trying to think a little outside the box and find a more economical route to gain the same results.

Last edited:

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Sounds like a good setup! Ive always been a fan of the dual filter setup and that what I implemented on my truck.

I replaced my water separator with a Wix 33439 and left the stock engine mounted filter. This is the same setup International used on their trucks with the 6.9

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online