parts with a bipolar disorder......

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really. they do exist.
Truck #1. '85 F350 CC dually. Loaned out to my cousin. He calls no more than 5 minutes later telling me he has no throttle pedal and the truck is stuck in the middle of the Coleman Av. onramp to I880 s/b. Not good.
Three weeks later......
Truck #2. '92 F350 CC dually. Yes, my truck. Nail the throttle to merge into traffic. SOB goes into WOT:eek: and hangs.....yeee haaa(not). Daughter is astutely observing.."dad. the truck has a problem" (no ****). Stand on the brakes(yay hydro;Sweet) and ride them. we're going through an interchange and I really don't feel like shutting down in a blind turn. that's ok...it's still under control even though it doesn't sound like it....get to a safe spot and shut her down. that's when I tell my daughter that's the difference when people panic and others think clearly in a bad situation. I didn't have to call a towtruck either. i just unhooked the offending cable and idled the truck back to the shop at 15 mph in 5th;Sweet
see pics.
love your throttle cables a little. hopefully you can delay their psychiatric issues a little longer.;Sweet

Attachments

• SL379903.JPG
    SL379903.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 156
  • SL379904.JPG
    SL379904.JPG
    286.1 KB · Views: 155

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya when the red plastic broke on my cable, I pulled the rest of it off so essentially it is not doing anything. I zip tied the cable to the bracket off the front of the intake and disconnected the cruise. Works good LOL. Glad yall are alright

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... Don't you just love what comes out of childrens mouths sometimes... At least with the standard trans and hydroboost you could stop two differant ways. Glad nobody was hurt and thinking is far better than panicing....:sly

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Dude, you're blocking the pic on the screen in the 2nd pic, what is it with you??LOL Glad to hear everything came to a controlled halt. Knowing how to drive is a huge lifesaver.:eek: And the perception of a little one: priceless. Those moments make parenting totally worth it.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Dude, you're blocking the pic on the screen in the 2nd pic, what is it with you??LOL Glad to hear everything came to a controlled halt. Knowing how to drive is a huge lifesaver.:eek: And the perception of a little one: priceless. Those moments make parenting totally worth it.

I'm disappointed, zoomed in and it wasn't even a chic.LOL yeah, put foot in mouth regarding start of first reply.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These accelerator-cables behave a lot better/safer after you take a pair of snips and needle-nose pliers to them and cut away that plastic sleeve.

Many many years ago, mine stuck wide :eek: open one night on a narrow little two-lane.

I just killed the engine and coasted to a landing spot, done a little quick re-arranging of the plastic sleeves, and it didn't hang up again for several years. ( Except for those times during freezing weather when trapped moisture inside the cable would freeze the throttle. )

Then, it started occassionally hanging again; that is when I decided it got along better without all the complications of that plastic sleeve arrangement. ;Sweet

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Bad things can definately happen when people panic. I remember owning a ford explorer around about the time the firestone recall was in full force, I had to explain to my wife that when people react calmly to a situation, such as a tire blow out, the end result will almost always be more pleasant than if you panic... and don't set the cruise control then cross your legs! ;Really

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
It reak's of Toyotasitis - "uncontrolled acceleration"....:D:rotflmao

Toyota's trying some new mottos:

"0-60, like it or not!"

"But officer, can't you see I'm driving a Toyota?"

"So quick even a cop dials 911!"

"Volvos are over rated"

"Vanishing point"

"If you get there it'll only take half the time!"

"Only pilots need be in control of their craft!"