Register to remove these ads

Thread: Highest HP IDI?

Thanks

Default Highest HP IDI?

Who has the highest HP IDI?

Thanks

I dont know the exact horsepower not many people dyno theirs, but ken at dps had a badass one. The only other crazy power idi I know of is dave spoonaugle. He mostly hangs out over at FTE. If you search for mid 20's boost idi on these forums you will find his stuff.
    1991 ford 7.3 idi single cab, 4in exhaust to 8 in tip, pump turned up, 265 rubber, aluminum rims, ram air intake, sound system, autometer pyro, boost, water temp, and oil pressure on dash

1989 toyota pickup single cab 4x4. 22re converted from efi to carb with 350 holley 2bbl. my beat up backroad vehicle with over a million miles and counting

2003 VW golf 1.9tdi nice little fuel sipper

Thanks

Would you happen to know where I could find anymore info on ken's truck. I tried to use the search and didn't come up with anything. Also searched for mid 20's boost idi and found nothing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by streaker View Post
    Would you happen to know where I could find anymore info on ken's truck. I tried to use the search and didn't come up with anything. Also searched for mid 20's boost idi and found nothing.
    Lets just say that Ken found out what the bottom end will handle, he exceded that rating . I think he was at least 450+hp, but that is just me. For a daily driver, like mine for instance, around 180-200hp at the wheels.

I'm going to get mine dyno'ed in the near future, I want to see what it puts down
    -Justin-
    1985 Ford F-250 with a 6.9 IDI/T-19 4speed 4x4
    Paint, Eagle Alloys, Kelly Safari TSR's, ATS turbo, gauges.
    2004 Jetta TDI 5 speed
    2004 2wd Excursion Limited 6.0. Edge CTS Insight, SRL Tune, 6-Phase FICM, EGR Delete, FICM Tune Testing how loyal I am to Ford

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FordGuy100 View Post
    I'm going to get mine dyno'ed in the near future, I want to see what it puts down
    second that one! my friend works for fed mog. they have like 4 dynos that are calibrated about twice a month! the guy that runs them said he'd meet him on a sat to hook his 6.5l up. im gonna tag along and see if i can get on it too!
    Ben
    2005 F250 CCSB FX4 Lariat 6.oh Powerstroke, sitting on BFG all terrain TAs, BMF leveling kit.

94' F250 7.3L factory turbo diesel extended cab 4wd IP maxxed out, Autometer Phanton II pyro and boost on a-pillar, E40D heavy duty auto TC lockup mod,3:55 gearing, twin 4" chrome turnout stacks, 3in flex downpipe, 285/75-16 mudders, f450 hydroboost system - Gone

2001 banshee - bored to 410, boost bottle, +6 swingarm, few bottom end touches...

Thanks

I don't know why it never came up but here is the thread.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22129
    1991 ford 7.3 idi single cab, 4in exhaust to 8 in tip, pump turned up, 265 rubber, aluminum rims, ram air intake, sound system, autometer pyro, boost, water temp, and oil pressure on dash

1989 toyota pickup single cab 4x4. 22re converted from efi to carb with 350 holley 2bbl. my beat up backroad vehicle with over a million miles and counting

2003 VW golf 1.9tdi nice little fuel sipper

Thanks

Ken runs DPS Performance. He is very difficult to get on the phone or to respond to email. He had (maybe he still does) a couple of sled pulling IDI's that made crazy numbers (for an IDI, nothing special for DI diesels). Like Justin said, the most modded IDI blow the bottom end out!

Click Here to listen to one of his low compression 6.9's trying to start on a 50 degree morning.

Speaking of 20 psi IDI's.....HERE are pictures of pistons out of a 6.9 running 18-19 psi for approx. 68K miles.

Heath
    1986 F250HD 4x4 7.3L IDI with '95 PSD front clip, '97 bed, 4-speed T19, and 3.55's. Dana 60/Ford 10.25 (Detroit TrueTrac Locker). Rebuilt from the frame up. Banks Sidewinder Turbo. Moose Pump and Injectors. 12 Inch Kevlar/Metalic South Bend Clutch. York On-Board Air. Isspro TTM, Banks Monster Exhaust, Boost Gauge and Pyrometer. Autometer Voltmeter. Autometer Oil, Fuel, and Air Pressure Gauges. Precharged Coolant Filter, Holley Red Pump. 16.5 x 37 x 12.5 Goodyear Wrangler's. Six Inch Lift (4 Skyjacker, 2 Body). Air Horns. Rhino Liner. "Woody Style" Filler Neck Mods, Fresh paint job. Added A/C. Push Button GP/Automatic GP on toggle. Interior redone.

1986 F350 SRW 4x4 6.9L IDI Crew Cab "typ4" 460 ZF5, US Gear underdrive, Moose (GT3788R) Turbo, head studs, "typ4" cam, Moose Pump/Injectors, Intercooled, Rodney Red Radiator, Transfer Flow filler necks, 331,000+ miles.

NRA Life Member

7.3 Project Pictures
    Webshots Project Gallery

Thanks

ken is very hard to get ahold of i ordered a set of sage 1 injectors on march 24 and i still havent seen them dps was giveing me a bunch of bullshit answers as to where my injectors were and finally i said i wanted to cancel my order and then i started getting some where they said they would ship them on monday so happy for a little bit until i get them
    if any body orders stage 1 injectors expect to wait a month till they are shipped and expect when u call to ask where ur order is expect bullshit well see how they work
    86 f250 xlt lariat SC 4 speed 2wd 6.9 turbo diesel
    84 chevy M1008 6.2 th400 np208tc d60 14bolt
    kevin

Official GMM hand model icanfixall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 991 Posts

That low compression 6.9 starting up reminds me of a large radial plane motor starting up. Just the sound of it making some horse power is impressive. I'm wondering now how long the starters last on this low comp motor.
    89 SRW crewcab, Banks Sidewinder Turbo, 8 speed BTS E4OD with a Gear Vendors, Shifts smooth and positive with any load on it. Triple disc torque converter has 150 square inches of friction material, stock has just 25 square inches of material.Transcold Carrier pump helping out Moose Pump and just loven it. 4 inch Straight piped, hydroboost with a 1 5/16 inch master cylinder. 7.3 turbo upgraded motor, ported heads, intake & exhaust manifolds. ARP studs. Block sleeved on all 8. Mahle turbo pistons milled, are 24 to 26 thousands above the deck, then ceramic coated with Tech Line CBX. Line bored and balanced. Decked block. Each piston is 1/4 and 1/3rd gram of each others weight. "BB" injectors. Custom Rodney Red aluminum radiator and running cool. Now it needs my new Hypermax intercooler to help out the famous Moose Pump and a set of Moose Injecters thrown in just for giggles...Double FatMat inside of the crewcab... Nice and quiet too...

Thanks

Thanks for the links guys.......still reading.