Ran an injector buzz test

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I been battling an intermidiate miss, i thought i killed it but it came back.

So today i took it to my buddy and we put a code reader on it, only code it brought up was something about the ICP sensor and the EBPV sensor, the EBPV is on a toggle, and the ICP was were i was playin with resistors, but i tookk them out before we put it on the reader, after we cleared the codes that one didnt come back up,

So then we run an injector buzz test, they all sounded good up until the 7th one that buzzed it has a lower sound than all the rest. we ran the test again this time with my hands on the valve cover and felt of it and the one that has the different sound feels like the 1st injector on the passenger side of the engine,

Now the problem im having is that idle has a slight miss and it gets kinda bad at 2500 rpm and blows blue smoke, then when it passes 2800-3000 it will clear up and run like mad to the govenor.

My buddy is supose to come over later and bring a couple more readers and were gonna play around with it somemore, so what do yall think? weak injector?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did it spit out any other codes?buzz test wont tell you if you have a bad injector.itll tell you if an electrical part is bad.do a cylinder contribution test to see if you have an injector goin bad.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
did it spit out any other codes?buzz test wont tell you if you have a bad injector.itll tell you if an electrical part is bad.do a cylinder contribution test to see if you have an injector goin bad.

His meter wont do that test, only code it spits right now is the EBPV inop thats because of the way i have it hooked now, and i have an ABS light on. no check engine light. and no other codes

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
As said before in your previous thread on this same issue to check the UVCH connectors. Now that you have identified with a buzz test possibly which side may be the trouble, pull that valve cover off and examine the coil hold down bolts on the suspected injector, also the connectors on the inside, they may have started to disconnect. If one has come loose check for burnt contact pins.

I knew darn well a thermostat would not cause a miss.

The deal was the warm up valve wasnt opening when i put the thermostat in it and it got up to temp and the valve opened well it didnt miss that day, i thought thats was the deal, so when the miss came back i unplugged the warm up valve. still missed so onto a code reader it went. so it could just be that harness? not the injector itself?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it can be a number of things.best thing to do is spend a few bux and take it to a shop that has a scanner with the ability to run a full diagnostic test on it.it can be as simple as a harness.loose armature in the injector.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
it can be a number of things.best thing to do is spend a few bux and take it to a shop that has a scanner with the ability to run a full diagnostic test on it.it can be as simple as a harness.loose armature in the injector.

I aint got that money to spend on just finding the problem, i have enough to pull off a single injector or a valv cover gasket, thats why i went to napa and had my buddy run it. so either i have to have another way of testing it or i have to live with the miss(which i dont want to do!)

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
You could light some candles place em on the fenders, get down on your knees and pray that it will fix itself, or call a Priest/Minister to preform an Exorcist to get the Devil out of it.

But then again you could pull the valve cover off and check the connectors like everyone has told you to do. The valve cover gaskets are reusable. It's beyond me why you won't do that, don't cost anything except maybe a couple busted knuckles. Are you that stubborn? Go there tells how to test.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-05-10.php

Well said:D

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
You could light some candles place em on the fenders, get down on your knees and pray that it will fix itself, or call a Priest/Minister to preform an Exorcist to get the Devil out of it.

But then again you could pull the valve cover off and check the connectors like everyone has told you to do. The valve cover gaskets are reusable. It's beyond me why you won't do that, don't cost anything except maybe a couple busted knuckles. Are you that stubborn? Go there tells how to test.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-05-10.php

The reason i havent done it yet, is for one, at the moment i dont have the time and cant have the truck down for a day cause its my mode of transportation, and second everytime on person tells me its this someone else tells me its something else

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
The reason i havent done it yet, is for one, at the moment i dont have the time and cant have the truck down for a day cause its my mode of transportation, and second everytime on person tells me its this someone else tells me its something else

The concensus from the guys on here the is injector, UVCH, valve cover gasket or plug for the valve cover gasket.

No one is telling you any different:dunno

sassyrel

Reaction score

to pull the vc's,,and check all the elec pins--is a 2 hr job max...aint gt two hrs??? and a voltmeter???:dunno:dunno:dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online