Lug Nut Socket Size

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Quick Question,

What is the Socket/Wrench size for the lug nuts on a 90 F-350 (Bricknose) Dually 2wd? It appears to be larger than 1" but what size is it?

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Quick Question,

What is the Socket/Wrench size for the lug nuts on a 90 F-350 (Bricknose) Dually 2wd? It appears to be larger than 1" but what size is it?

I use a 22 MM on my 93 F250....... Fits perfect, I would think yours would be the same.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1-1/16" is what I use on mine. Funny thing when I went to have my tires mounted last week they couldn't fins theirs, store manager comes up and says it's gonna be a bit of delay cause they gotta run and buy a new socket and I'm like I brought my own so they used that :D

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
1-1/16" is what I use on mine. Funny thing when I went to have my tires mounted last week they couldn't fins theirs, store manager comes up and says it's gonna be a bit of delay cause they gotta run and buy a new socket and I'm like I brought my own so they used that :D

1 1/16 and 22 MM are basically the same size... Think I might have gone with a 22 MM because I couldn't find a 1 1/16 at the time.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
whoa....
you mean 27mm right?
25mm is 1" so it's gotta be larger.

Guess I shouldn't stand so close to the exhaust pipe and then come in and post on the forum...............cookoo

Your correct....... 25MM is 1"

Guess what I was trying to say is I use a 22 MM because I couldn't find a 7/8 Deep socket at the time..... Does that make more sense ??? :D

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, Trav is going to pick up a 1 1/16 socket, extention and breaker bar and just leave in the truck.... that way they are not in the toolbox at home, or the camper or my house when he needs it..... the E-2 seems to be missing the factory tire iron.... oh well, I perfer a socket and "appropiate driver" to the tire iron anyway.....

Now... someone come blow into the end of this hose so I can use the air impact.......

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, Trav is going to pick up a 1 1/16 socket, extention and breaker bar and just leave in the truck.... that way they are not in the toolbox at home, or the camper or my house when he needs it..... the E-2 seems to be missing the factory tire iron.... oh well, I perfer a socket and "appropiate driver" to the tire iron anyway.....

Now... someone come blow into the end of this hose so I can use the air impact.......

Now the truth comes out.:eek:

Trav not knowing what size his lugnuts are and you're asking to come blow on the air compressor hose............................

Yup, not touching that one.LOL

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nuts on my 1985 are 1-1/16" .

There was a late-model Super-Duty DRW in the shop today that uses a tiny 13/16" socket on the lugs. :eek:

Those nuts sure didn't look very "Super-Duty" to me. cookoo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.