Hot 92 idi!?!?!

Bootzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went cut up at the mud hole and now its gettin hot
Radiator is clean and holding water
Water pump is pumping
It runs cool and my gauge fluctuates as should for a good ways then jeats up a lil and stays there then a lil while later it gets a lil hotter an ride and so on so forth till it starys gettin to hot
Could this be a thermostat?
Any other possibilities?
I work close to my house so im driving it and its a short enough drive tht its staying cool

Bootzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on exact temps
I only have the stock temp gauge that just says normal
But usualy it runs just under the n and if im haulin or on it hard itll get up to the o-r area
Now ill be in fifth at 45 mph and its between m and a so thats a big difference
It takes a while to get there but still makes ne nervous

gandalf

Reaction score
The gauges on our trucks are notoriously bad.:puke: They are nothing more than moving idiot lights. They are not reliable, and frequently give you a false sense of security. Don't rely on them.

Do what many here have done--replace the stock gauges with aftermarket gauges. The sftermarket gauges will give you an accurate reading, with real numbers, and tell you what your engine is ACTUALLY doing.

I have what I would consider the minimum gauges: pyrometer, oil temp, and transmission temp.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
You have to have a real guage to see what is going on...the in dash is simply as stated, an idiot light with a needle. I'm not saying it isn't warm/hot, but you don't know with the in dash gauge and you never will. I have a digital water temp and can see it move 35-40 degrees all while the in dash (still operational) doesn't move at all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online