ZF-5 rebuilt in PA, Where can i get it?

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
I'm looking for a rebuilt ZF-5 near central Pa for a good price. 1996 F-350 7.3psd 4x4. I have found one place near Pittsburgh with them for around $1300, wich I know is a good price, but that is 4 and a half hours from my home. I would rather drive for it than pay double shipping because of the core. I live about an hour east of State College, and about an hour north of Harrisburg. Is there any locals who know of anywhere closer?
I've checked the Jasper dealers, but they want around $2000 - $2500 for them. I haven't checked the Ford stealership, 'cause I know they are usually realy salty.
I would like to stay away from used, but for the rite price I would probly take a chance.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
you wanna buy the clutch for me jred? do you have anything better to do at work?!?! lol :0)

racehauler

Reaction score
I have one out of a 92 with 126,000 miles. Just parted the truck out because I needed the front end. Shifted great when I pulled it out earlier this week.

I am wanting 500 for it but shipping will cost a little to get it to you.

tjl

Diesel Nut
Reaction score
It's a shame I live so far away. We have a local shop that pulled my ZF rebuilt it and put it back for about $1000.00. They did a real good job.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Wow, all that for a grand. I've had nothing but bad luck letting other people work on my stuff. It's acually not a bad trans to pull, I just put a clutch in it rite before 5th gear blew apart.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Hey racehauler, I may be interested in that zf you pulled. Let me check out the shipping and I'll let you know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7