"x" code springs

cowfarmer16

Reaction score
I have herd alot of people in our area of putting x springs on their 350's . i rode in one today and it rode firmer put handled the weight better . so ime just poindering on how these people aquire these and what it takes to put them on a 04 250 or can that be done ?

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be done to an 04. I have them on my 350. I don't have the part numbers. The front bolts are a pain because the bolt needs to be drive out towards the radiator. That is if you do it yourself and not have a shop do it. Keith

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ride is a little firmer. I needed to add the X springs to lift the front up after I installed the bumper and winch. Keith

JIM_C

"member" - huh huh
Reaction score
I put them on my 03 to help support the replacement bumper (~300 pounds). Firmed up the ride nicely. Some tackle this job themselves but a spring and driveline shop quoted me $135 to do the job so I let them have at it. They were done in 2 1/2 hours.
I got the parts from Bob Baumann at powerstrokeshop.com. Just call or email them with what you want and they'll know what you're talking about.

architect-builder

Reaction score
Here are the part #'s and prices I got (3 years or so ago).

(2) 2C3Z-5310-AF Springs -- $154.32 ea

(4) F81Z-5705-ZA U-Bolts -- $15.88 ea

(8) N805480-S426 Nut -- $1.86 ea

Barrett

JIM_C

"member" - huh huh
Reaction score
Jim take a look at the bumper, and winch I installed. That is why I installed the X codes. Keith

I've seen those pics before, probably over at TDS. The winch adds a lot of weight. My bumper is for self defense in adverse traffic conditions! :backoff Mine looks like it came off a cement truck.