Wiring night mere. Fuse number 7 on the fuse block. 1993 ford 7.3 idi ambulance

millertime

Reaction score
Whats going on guys. I put on a carrier lift pump like it said to on the forum using a relay with power from the battery and using the original fuel soilonid power to power on the relay. I kept blowing the number 7 fuse. So I totally by passed the original circuit put the relay on a switch and didn't replace the #7 fuse, but it wouldn't start, I could hear my lift pump so I know the relay was on. I put a new fuse in #7 which I thought only ran the fuel on/off soilonid and she started ran for about 1 minute and blew the fuse. I have no idea what else the number 7 fuse runs, or how it would keep the system from starting once i bypassed it all together. The glow plugs are on a push button and the p.o. removed the original glow plug system. Once that fuse blows it will crank but not start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On one of the diagrams I looked at, #7 was a 30 amp, and fed the lightgreen/red wire. This wire feeds most everything on top of the engine including the fuel heater, the injection pump, the cold start temp switch, and the control voltage for the glowplug controller,

millertime

Reaction score
Thanks. I pulled the fuse from the in engine bay fuse block that says fuel pump. And so far no more burning smell or popping that number 7 fuse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger