wipers

nmu1974

Reaction score
Our latest spring snow storm has finally done them in. What are the largest wipers you can use on an '03 Excurison - front and back and do those "winter wipers" really work? They winter wipers are on sale @ Wally World for $5.35 -@ that price I guess I should just pick up a pair. Has anyone had experience with the triple edged or Rain Dance brand?

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
nmu1974 said:
Our latest spring snow storm has finally done them in. What are the largest wipers you can use on an '03 Excurison - front and back and do those "winter wipers" really work? They winter wipers are on sale @ Wally World for $5.35 -@ that price I guess I should just pick up a pair. Has anyone had experience with the triple edged or Rain Dance brand?

At most auto parts stores is a windshield wiper catalogue which clearly indicates the correct lenght for wipers for every vehicle. When my wipers crapped out earlier this winter I decided to get the best I could find. I was tired of not being able to see in rain storms. I settled on PIAA wipers which were extremely costly. Try $35.00 for the pair :eek:. They are a single edge silicone impregnated rubber wiper that is by far the best I've ever owned. Now during torrential rain storms the combination of my PIAA wipers and PIAA fog lamps make driving stress free. :thumbsup:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hheynow said:
At most auto parts stores is a windshield wiper catalogue which clearly indicates the correct lenght for wipers for every vehicle. When my wipers crapped out earlier this winter I decided to get the best I could find. I was tired of not being able to see in rain storms. I settled on PIAA wipers which were extremely costly. Try $35.00 for the pair :eek:. They are a single edge silicone impregnated rubber wiper that is by far the best I've ever owned. Now during torrential rain storms the combination of my PIAA wipers and PIAA fog lamps make driving stress free. :thumbsup:
Ill be intersted in hearing how they withstand the summer heat/sun Richard.

kwazyca

HALF A BUBBLE OFF?
Reaction score
hheynow said:
At most auto parts stores is a windshield wiper catalogue which clearly indicates the correct lenght for wipers for every vehicle.

I increased my wipers 2" on the drivers side and 1" on the other. A little more strain on the motor but much more visibility.

Tom

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 24" winter wipers on both sides of my truck. Factory calls for 20". I've used the winter wipers for years on all of my vehicles. They hold up well to the summmer heat and do a good job of getting rid of the bug guts. Keith

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the piaa 22's on my truck and will never own anouther wiper... They dont seem to remove the rainx as fast as others i have used....

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
has anyone ever found for sure whether or not the rainx is actually eating up the wipers?

I've heard that on several accounts. I can see it if it leaves a rough texture as its build up on the windshield...that would wear away each time the wiper went past...

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used the Rainx washer fluid in the Chevy i got rid of and never had a problem. I always replaced the wipers every 2 years. It's cheap insurance to be able to see in the rain and snow. Keith

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TNT, my dad used to use rainx to clean his blades after he put it on, and yes, the alchohol, or whatever woul eat his blades up bad..... But just putting it on the surface, I dobt it would do anything to them, BUT?????

I have started taking spray silicone and wiping them down twice a year... seems to help at ton with thier flexibility...

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
I have started taking spray silicone and wiping them down twice a year... seems to help at ton with thier flexibility...

A good aerosol silicone spray is called SIL-GLYDE available at Napa...P/N #765-1353

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to have to change wiper blades every year. They either freeze to the window in the winter and get screwed up or the hot dry summers ruin them.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you siliconed them, they would not stick or dry out... Go Piaa... You will love them!

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I seem to have to change wiper blades every year. They either freeze to the window in the winter and get screwed up or the hot dry summers ruin them.

You never had that problem in Lodi...:D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the freezing part. LOL. But the summer sun in the valley was brutal on them.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
If you siliconed them, they would not stick or dry out... Go Piaa... You will love them!

They freeze to the window when they are in thier at rest position. Especially when you have driven the vehicle and its snowing then you park, the heat from inside the cab and the snow falling on the window eventually make an Ice/snow mess and freeze the wipers to the window.

Whine off. LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7