Windshield wipers?

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super noob question, I want to get reflex blades for my truck.....im not impressed with what my current wipers are cleaning....I looked at the way they connect to the arm today and ive never seen it before? How would one even take the old one off. Im use to the tab that covers the hook.

O and another thing my wipers only have two speeds (really fast and the one below that) does that mean my wiper motors going to the crapper soon?

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Yes you can go to any style wiper you want, to remove they just pull off away from the wiper (some you may have to push that tab up or down that your used to) new ones will just push on over the pin with a possible requirment of changing the plastic peice it attaches to (all those little peices that come in the box that you normally just ignore, just snap on and off the blade itself)

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How your wipers connect to the wiper....well play with the pass one it's easiest to get too. just play with it you will figure it out! It's a common style...IF super Wifey:love: can do it:sly...you can;Sweet

Or buy the new ones the right length and read the instructions on mounting them to figure out how to pull old ones...

Your wiper is fine...FAST and less fast is normal two speed setup!

JM2CW

Al

Thefarmboy21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI.....parts stores will install them for free. I've put wipers on some really weird vehicles. I've opened other brands to steal clips, got old clips outta the trash barrels and all kinds of other crap. BUT you have to find a store with knowledgeable staff that are also willing to go the extra mile lol.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure just what style of blade attachment you have.

If you still have the original coiled-spring over the pin attachment, then they are the BEST and super-easy to remove/install once you learn the simple trick.

If your's is that style, simply push downward on the exposed bit of the coil and the blade will slide right off the pin.

Look at the top-center of the metal blade and you should see the coil that I speak of.

Using a short-fat-wide straight-bladed screw-driver, press the coil downward, toward the inside of the blade, while applying a bit of pressure in the "off-the-pin" direction; the coil will align and therefore release.

Once you manage to accomplish this once, it will forever-more be simple.

It is far harder to describe than to do.

The original style of attachment is far more secure than any of the generic fit-all styles.

Myself, I go a big step further and retrofit genuine heavy-duty blades/arms such as used to be found on big trucks ( it was a terrible disappointment when I started seeing wimpy car wiper-blades on big trucks; is nothing sacred anymore ?? ) and are still in common use on locomotives, planes, and ships; no more of those wimpy string-of-rubber wiper-blades for me.

In fact, I just today swapped a set onto the wife's 1991 Dodge/Cummins.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks guys.

Al, I'm afraid your super wifey may be more mechanocally inclined then me.....but, that'll change soon :) haha

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks guys.

Al, I'm afraid your super wifey may be more mechanocally inclined then me.....but, that'll change soon :) haha

Ya probably she removes all kinds of parts for her job dismantling old 70's cars n trucks to some degree...she's learning...wont listen to me cause I know better...but that's normal...Hopefully you'll come along soon ;)

I bet she can spell better, too. :)
Nope I don't think so...

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be happy you have two speeds! I have three..fast, not so fast, and "when they want to or don't want to."

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good rule of thumb is not to buy cheap junker wipers that's for sure. I bought some cheap wipers at autozone and installed them when I first got my rig. 3 days later, rain hit hard so I turned on the wipers and one flinged off after 5 minutes of use. Luckily I caught it in time and it didn't scratch the glass up. Went back there and they gave me bosch wipers for free. Holding up good so far.
Tip: If the rubber starts to get hard, wipe blades down with alcohol real well. That keeps them soft and working properly ;Sweet.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya ill def get the good quality ones. I'm n ot sure what they are called in the states but id like to get some reflex blades

Lol the spelling will hopefully improve to haha