will this work in my buddy truck?2005/06

460429_freak

Crazy about diesels
Reaction score
I may have a line on about 2000 gallons of transformer fluid (aka mineral oil) clean and dirty...would I be able to run 50/50? buddy of mine want to run it in his 2006 cummings I told him I don't think it was a good ideal..... cause of all the sensors on it...

guys got any ideals?(I still run my 50/50 wmo mix..

it is a 20005 dodge 4 door dulley automatic..

Last edited:

460429_freak

Crazy about diesels
Reaction score
that's my thinking it won't work... but somebody told me it might be penut oil then we could biodeisel it...

Whit

Reaction score
I work with a guy that has extensive knowlege on this stuff..........any way I was chattin him the other day and he said transformer oil as long as its not the PCB kind would be excellent:eek:

I still wouldnt do it but thats just me

460429_freak

Crazy about diesels
Reaction score
cool... thats the catch if ti won't work in his truck he's not to worried about getting it from his buddy ..

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a guy on another forum who did this with a PowerStroke...he was quickly replacing the engine...

Be forewarned...it might be bad...

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Does someone have a picture or link for Cummings? Never heard of them. Do they make engines or something?

As far as mixing in fuels with other oils, I'd shy away from it with the newer trucks. The injection systems are very sensitive with narrow tolerances. I'd stick with that garbage ULSD they're selling at the pumps nowadays. This is especially true if teh engine is still under warranty. I doubt Dodge will buy a new engine if they found out the owner was running something other than ULSD through it.

In the older trucks it didn't really matter...they were designed with loose tolerances and therefore they can run on just about anything. In regards to fuels and what can be run and what can't as well as general toughness and brutal reliability, the new electronically controlled engines compare to the old mechanical motors similarly to comparing an AR15/M16 to the venerable AK rifles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online