will thies rims fit my truck?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does everyone hate 16.5's? I am in the opposite boat.. I have some nice 16" wheels, and can't find any tires for them! Anyone want to trade???

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah 16's seem to be hard to find around here. All the new trucks are running 17's or 18's. So that's what the tire stores stock.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Why does everyone hate 16.5's? I am in the opposite boat.. I have some nice 16" wheels, and can't find any tires for them! Anyone want to trade???

Have you ever tried to change a 16.5 tire? There is no bead for the rubber to seat to, so if you happen to run it real low on air you have a good chance of popping it off the rim.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Have you ever tried to change a 16.5 tire? There is no bead for the rubber to seat to, so if you happen to run it real low on air you have a good chance of popping it off the rim.

Any tire run that low on air will come off the bead. I used to run my 35" 16.5s with 20psi on the road for a sofer ride, never had issues

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant find a set of 16s used ether. I just picked up those eact rims but in a 16x10 for 1/3 of what that guy wants. I bought a set of alcoas first but dont plan on using them anymore.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If I want to run tires low, I mount them on beadlocks. :dunno