Will there be any...

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
turbo kits made for our trucks by next summer? I have heard a lot of rumors about discontinuing most of them. I am planning on saving up the money from my summer job to get a kit.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah, both ATS and Hypermax will be making kits next summer as far as I know. I've only heard that banks is going to discontinue there IDI kits this December.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Well thats good news as the Banks kit was nice but a little too rich for my blood

Edit: Just saw your video on youtube that rig sounds nice.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Thanks, I think it sounds pretty good as well ;Sweet . Yes banks is a little overpriced, but it a nice complete kit. If I were to buy new I would probably go hypermax, just because they are the cheapest system out of all of them. I do love my ats unit though, spools up real quick. I dont have the Aurora 2000 turbo though, I wonder if those are a better setup than what I have (they probably are).

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I was looking at the ATS also actually. How much boost doyou see?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, both ATS and Hypermax will be making kits next summer as far as I know. I've only heard that banks is going to discontinue there IDI kits this December.
better double check your statement on ATS. There's been a couple of members here who have been back ordered for some time.
hyde-
you can adjust your boost by wastegate and fuel screw. I run mime right at the middle of all settings. 6-7lbs at loaded combined gross, roughly 900deg on the pyro, minimal black smoke at higher altitudes. power comes on about 1500rpm really kicks you in the ass at 2k and no drop off until you're bouncing off the governor.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, looks like I might be stuck with hypermax.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep some cash in your pocket and be patient. Used turbo kits do pop up on here frequently. I've sold quite a few used Banks squarebox turbo kits(less exhaust) here in the past. Personally, I have no love for them due to the airbox being in the way of everything. My rule of thumb for used turbo kits...have $900 ready to go and when one shows up here or fleabay, pay accordingly to kit condition and turbo condition BUT don't think too long.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I was looking at the ATS also actually. How much boost doyou see?

I see about 8psi of boost, though I'm sure I could adjust my wastegate and be getting a lot more boost.

And I did not know that ATS was back-order'ed, thats no good. I think its kinda a good thing to have both a wastegated and non-wastegated turbo kit available to the market. But I agree with Towcat, keep an eye out for a used kit, thats what mine was, and I paid $900 for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online