will 2000 superduty crew cab seats bolt right in?

OB_WAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like some bucket-style seats. I have a lead on some 2000 superduty seats if the price is right. rear bench, front 40/20/40.

I did some searching to find if they will fit but got mixed info. I know I'd have to drill a few holes for center support(no big deal) but will the factory brackets fit the floor form or would some fab work be in order?

one person who responded said the bracket mounting was much larger than our trucks so it threw a curve ball at me.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'99 and up seats are 3 inches longer than ours. you will have to drill all new holes and reinforce them accordingly. I've put in a newer seat into an 80-97 chassis. Not something I would do willingly.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the proper way to reinforce re-drilled holes for seats?
in the older trucks, there really wasn't much reinforcement in the floor for keeping seats from ripping though the bolt holes in an impact from a collision. I've seen enough of the aftermath of wrecks over the years where I will put in 1/8" plate to back up the drilled bolt holes. the '99 and up trucks are doing it from the factory where the holes are already drilled for bench and buckets and are reinforced too. It doesn't take much more time to do so, the payoff is an increased chance of survival in a wreck. that's good enough of a reason for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online