Who makes good looking rims

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my flash....$120 for the rims...and $145 for the tires...diffrence in the truck PRICELESSS!!

American racing NITRO's
BFG commercial Traction T/A's (235/65/16's)

www.summitracing.com or www.4wheelparts.com

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

BrownBomber90

Reaction score
yeah.. i looked on my door sticker and it said my rims were 16 x 6 but i thought my stock rims should be 16 x 8?? can i get help with this

BrownBomber90

Reaction score
ok so they are 16x6 so would i go have to pay more for rim since they are an odd size... i mostly see 15x10, 15x8, 16x8, 16x7 occasionally, and 16x10 but no 16x6 it blows

FordGuy100

Reaction score
No, if you go and buy new wheels just go ahead and get 16x8", they are much more common. 16x6" are only good for skinnier tires, while the 16x8 gives you a chance to run taller, wider tires.

BrownBomber90

Reaction score
i would go and buy new rims and tires but diesel aint cheap in cali and i drive about 80 miles per day and dont want bigger tires and rims... CHP in my small town wait for guys like me to get them so they can hand out tickets...

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think he means huge tires, just bigger than stock. Is there a law against running tires slightly bigger than stock in california? If so there are lots of people breaking that law. The 16x6 just means that you have a 16 inch tall wheel that is 6 inches wide where the tire mounts. You can put any size you want on it as long as it has the same lug pattern of 8 on 6.5". 16 x 8 is a really common aftermarket wheel and it will still allow use of a stock or close to stock tire size. If you want to run really big tires properly you need to go up to 10 inch wide wheels and beyond.

BrownBomber90

Reaction score
Well i know all that but they hassle everybody around here... all the high school kids have money from dairies so they get big lifted trucks and the CHP flock here kuz there so ticket happy...i really want get 16x8

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Just make sure the wheels will wok w what ever tire you want. your stock 235/85/16's i would not put on an 8" wide wheel. but if you went to a 265,285,305 they would look good on an 8" wire wheel.;Sweet

And for the Alcoa wheels. The widest they come in is a 7"

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I don't think he means huge tires, just bigger than stock. Is there a law against running tires slightly bigger than stock in california? If so there are lots of people breaking that law. The 16x6 just means that you have a 16 inch tall wheel that is 6 inches wide where the tire mounts. You can put any size you want on it as long as it has the same lug pattern of 8 on 6.5". 16 x 8 is a really common aftermarket wheel and it will still allow use of a stock or close to stock tire size. If you want to run really big tires properly you need to go up to 10 inch wide wheels and beyond.

there's no law saying you can't have over size tires on your car/truck, my stepdads Excursion is on a 6" lift with 20x10" rims and the pro comp Xtreme all terrains, the tires are 37" tall and he has yet to be harrassed by the 5-Oh. Then I have a couple of buddies running 38" boggeds on their chevys with no problems except mudflap violations.

And as for the bolt pattern an couldn't they have just kept it the 8x6.5? It would make evrything so much easier

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
in PA you are not allowed to have wider than 3" flairs

And if ford didnt change the bolt pattern then the aftermarket wouldn't be able to sell more wheels( i swear ford is in w the aftermarkrt) Y else would they change the bolt pattern on the superdutys, the 97 f150's and again on the 04 f150's

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I like my American Racing alloys. I have 315/75R16 tires mounted on them and can still go bigger and wider (The outside edge of the tires is even with the outside edge of the fender and I still havew 2" fender flares installed). I'm thinking about going up to a set of 38x15R16.5 tires on a newer set of alloy wheels soon.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I think you will have to add some height to your truck if you wanna run 38"s, that would look killer though ;Sweet