Where to put boost gauge tube

73IDI

Reaction score
I've looked all over and there is no tapped whole for the gauge tube on this air box so my question is were should I drill and tap a hole at? If anyone has a setup like this where's yours at? Any pics would be great help

Thanks
Ben

You must be registered for see images attach

sent from my phone so my spelling and grammer most likely suffer more than usual

suv7734

Reaction score

This is where mine is attached. I'd get you a better pic but I'm about 3000 miles from the truck right now. LOL

How do you have your CDR attached?

73IDI

Reaction score
Ok thanks I dont remember if my box has that drop down like that but im sure it does my cdr is mounted like normal for the kit but I turned it over so the hose went down for a cleaner look
you can kinda see it here I made a 90 from a plastic barb to pipe thread adapter I found at the hardware store

73IDI

Reaction score
Dont think that picture worked

sent from my phone so my spelling and grammer most likely suffer more than usual

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
The boost gauge doesn't go on the air box, that's the suction side. It goes on the pressure side, usually on the pressure chamber/intake hat. On my Hypermax it's on top of the chamber, on my ATS it is behind it.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah check your intake hat. You have the 2nd gen Banks it looks like, I have the 1st gen (rounded edges on the airbox) and my intake hat has a tapped hole with my boost line connected.

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Here's a pic of an ATS kit that has the port on top of the hat:

And a pic of a truck with it hooked up, note the vinyl tubing to the right:

73IDI

Reaction score
I dont have an intake hat my air box and intake are all one I know it has to be on the pressure side I was just wondering where everyone else's was on a system like mine

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really think that there is a tapped hole somewhere around there, maybe hidden in a crevice. If you haven't seen the manual for your turbo, Banks will email you a copy if you call them, and that will show definitively if there is one already there or not. I'll be amazed if they didn't add a boost port for only that turbo.

suv7734

Reaction score
The boost gauge doesn't go on the air box, that's the suction side. It goes on the pressure side, usually on the pressure chamber/intake hat. On my Hypermax it's on top of the chamber, on my ATS it is behind it.

That IS the pressure side on the Banks gen 1 & 2.

The gen 1 has the intake hat and airbox cast in two seperate pieces. It has the round edges on the air box lid and uses a 3" tall air filter.

The gen 2 intake hat and air box are cast as a single piece (this is the one 7.3IDI has and the same as the one in my pic). This one has square edges on the air box and uses a 3 1/4" tall air filter.

Another thing to note (gen 1 & 2) is that the air filter works "opposite" to what we think is normal in that the air enters the inside and is filtered as it moves to the outside of the filter.

On some of these there is a hole tapped for the boost gauge but it is in behind everything beside the connection from the compressor to the air box/intake. It can be very awkward to get to.

Last edited:

73IDI

Reaction score
Well got done didn't get to do it after I posted this like I thought but I got it done finally never did find a whole on my box which I can't believe so I drilled and tapped one of my own its not hooked up in this picture but thats the location I decided on

Thsnks for the input