Whats you guy's opinion?

FrozenRedneck

Reaction score
1991 F-250 7.3 NA zf5. Truck shakes like no other under 2000 RPM when its under throttle... over 2000 it smooths out pretty good. And it has no power until you get around 1800 RPM... Injectors? Hopefully :hail Or IP?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With it idling and shaking, crack each injector nut loose till it leaks. The engine should shake even more when you crack each injector one at a time. If you get to a injector that when you crack it loose does not make any difference in how the engine runs, that injector is dead or that cylinder is dead, and is contributing to the shaking.

FrozenRedneck

Reaction score
Alright... Where can you get good injector prices? And what brand should i go with?

1994IDI

Reaction score
Russ (Typ4) and Mel (Agnem), both offer injectors for competitive prices, and deserve the business for the work they put in. Mel offers the "Moose Misters", which you have to see the video for to understand, and I believe Russ sells stock BB code's and ensures they are properly pop tested. See if they can help you out.

starmilt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a dead cylinder I would run a compression check before investing in new injectors.

FrozenRedneck

Reaction score
Update guys. Pulled a fuel line on the back right injector, and it had a brass piece in there plugging the line! cookoo I put the line to the injector and got all my power and no shaking with alot more smoke... Gonna put one new one in tonight, and try and do two a week. (thats all i can afford!)

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Like others have said, its a cylinder or two not running right because of no fuel, lack of fuel, or bad compression.

Mine did that when I had a couple leaking injector fuel lines. Anything under 2000rpm's would shake the truck. Idled like it was a big block with a REALLY big cam LOL

FrozenRedneck

Reaction score
Like others have said, its a cylinder or two not running right because of no fuel, lack of fuel, or bad compression.

Mine did that when I had a couple leaking injector fuel lines. Anything under 2000rpm's would shake the truck. Idled like it was a big block with a REALLY big cam LOL

Ya i put the lines back on the bad injector in there and got a ton of power back! Thats my IDI's i remeber ;Sweet

I'm gonna do them injectors tomorrow now, I got put on honey do's... gotta love her. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor

Members online