What's that smell?

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
End of story.... finally....

The radiator arrived back at the Champion Radiator warehouse last Tuesday the 16th. I called the next day asking how long it should take for the refund and was told it could take up to 3 days or so. I called them today as I had yet to hear from them after they received the bad radiator for a week, nor had I seen a refund. Two hours and some minutes later they emailed me that the refund had occurred, finally! I don't dislike Champion Radiator, I think they make an ok product, I think I just had bad luck in receiving a damaged radiator. What I dislike the most is the slow turn around time for their RMA process. I would consider them again, if they had a local distributor, or I lived closer to them than 2 states away.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying the Brass and Copper Radiator from thermal solutions, though as luck would have it, there was a leak where the bottom tank joined the core. Fortunately the shop here which ordered it is 1 of two in the area that can actually repair radiators. So the shop re-soldered the bad spot... and the entire lower tank, so it looks like. Better than new! He also tested my new radiator cap to be sure it wasn't causing issues with either of the 2 new radiators, it's not and it's Stant so would have been surprised it it was bad. He also gave me (and installed) a new/better drain **** then the one I had purchased from o'reillys, and 2 new radiator hose clamps all at no charge.

And thus hopefully ends my month+ long cooling system saga (since the whole dang thing is now new).