What keeps the door glass in the tracks?

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..

So ever since I bought my truck, the door glass on the driver's side fits loose and can come out of the track. I assume its because the rubber that fits in the track is gone.

Is that all that keeps the glass on track is the rubber seal? Getting ready to fix both sides and need to figure out what to order. I haven't pulled the door panel yet to see what's what so I figured I'd just ask.

Thanks

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are rubber pieces with felt glides that fit the channel. If you look in my build thread, I installed a set the other day with the scrapers on the bottom causing me problems.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Gonna order mine this week. Ordered some Llumar 20% film to tint the glass... just want to make sure the glass stays put and doesn't destroy the film.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are rubber pieces with felt glides that fit the channel. If you look in my build thread, I installed a set the other day with the scrapers on the bottom causing me problems.

Can you post a link to the ones you used? I think I found the kits on rockauto.. but want to make sure and want to see which is the best deal.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they pretty much all are made by precision (company name). Mine were a random eBay purchase I believe. Green plastic bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online