What is up with E-bay posts?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
You can't post anything related to a auction?
Like this Q270167270911Q
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FORD F250 DIESEL XLT PKG! AT! 1 ARIZONA OWNER! NO RUST![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]wow i've tried a bunch of different ways to get that item # in and the title?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Then hit preview and get that script error?-cuss[/FONT]

Last edited:

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Mike banned that four letter word. He wrote re-wrote the software to reject it. :eek: LOL

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fleabay issue is one of the known glitches in the server software. There's a few others too that I've come across. They're aware of it but I'm not so sure they consider it a priority to fix it. On the Mod side of things, the glitches are really annoying.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is how it is.................

I dont OWN the server, I just rent space on a server to have Oilburners and SuperDutyDiesel hosted. I pay for that on a monthly basis and the guy that owns the server kinda gets to have a say on what gets hosted. Right now I DO NOT KNOW WHY you cannot type out the word e-bay or link to an e-bay auction. It is blocked AT THE SERVER LEVEL and I can do nothing about it.

However, for the time being there is something YOU guys can do to sidestep this problem.

You need to visit tinyurl.com and enter the link to the auction in the slot provided to shorten it to a tiny url hosted link and then place THAT link here. Yeah, its a PITA but I know alot of you guys like to share your auction finds with others here and for now, thats how your going to have to do it.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So. we should stop whining and move on?
Bob, at this point I am trying to get to the bottom of WHY e-bay is taboo on our server. IF I get that info I will pass it along to you guys. Until then this is purely conjecture.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until then this is purely what???? :dunno

Main Entry: 1con·jec·ture
Pronunciation: k&n-'jek-ch&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin conjectura, from conjectus, past participle of conicere, literally, to throw together, from com- + jacere to throw --
1 obsolete a : interpretation of omens b : SUPPOSITION
2 a : inference from defective or presumptive evidence b : a conclusion deduced by surmise or guesswork

c : a proposition (as in mathematics) before it has been proved or disproved

FOXY005

Reaction score
[Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French or Latin; Middle French, [/QUOTE]

Awwh theres the problem, the Romans got involved !:D

There Fixed It

Last edited:

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I feel a mutiny brewing LOL . Let's put our funds together and just buy out evil bay. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online

No members online now.