What glow plugs to use?

C

cash

I have been using Autolite 1106 5MM Probe Diameter 11V 75W .250" Spade Terminal Connector Sheathed Coil
The way I understand this is the lower the volt the faster it will heat up the higher the watt the hotter it gets. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I am currently set up on a switch using the current 1108 I need to wait 15 sec when it is about 50 deg. outside. I think this would be ******* the relay?
Is it the 6V plug that you have more swelling problems?
When I get the solid state system will I need the 6v autolite 1107 (beru 0 100 271 102) ?
Or can I use a newer solid state system and get 12v plug?
Lot of Questions I know just comment on what you like any help will be appreciated.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me be the first in a long line of people to advise you NOT to use Autolite, and to use ONLY Beru!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
What Mel said! Get the solid state going, and get the Motorcraft/Beru plugs that the system calls for. You can buy them for an 87-6.9 (that's what I have and it is factory with the solid state controller). Otherwise, you are flirting with disaster from swollen tips and one breaking when you try to remove it, leaving a nice chunk of non-compressable metal in your cylinder to do all kinds of unspeakables!