warning about changing to serpentine belt accessories

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
this happen to me yesterday.. so if you have a 83-91 truck and replaced the v-belt setup for serpentine....

If you ever need to pull the power steering pump.. try to find a radiator shroud from a 92-94 with a indent for the puller.. i had to pull my upper rad hose and shroud, spin it 90* just to get my short puller in there.

if this was v-belt id be done twice as fast

just like the v-belt shroud has a indent for the LONG alternator bolt to slide out

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this happen to me yesterday.. so if you have a 83-91 truck and replaced the v-belt setup for serpentine....

If you ever need to pull the power steering pump.. try to find a radiator shroud from a 92-94 with a indent for the puller.. i had to pull my upper rad hose and shroud, spin it 90* just to get my short puller in there.

if this was v-belt id be done twice as fast

just like the v-belt shroud has a indent for the LONG alternator bolt to slide out

That's good info and thanks, I'd planned on an electric fan setup eventually thus, I'm guessing it won't matter then ROFL

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
oh i forgot to say.. i couldnt spin it with the AT cooler lines on. lucky for me i was removing them anyways :-D