wanna trade your newer half ton for this?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering he put at least $4000 worth of new parts on it, that may not be too out of line. That's the problem with fixing up a truck and then trying to sell it. Its hard to get out of it what you put into it.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Considering he put at least $4000 worth of new parts on it, that may not be too out of line. That's the problem with fixing up a truck and then trying to sell it. Its hard to get out of it what you put into it.

Yup, fresh paint and fuel system. Heck of alot cheaper than a new truck payment. Just a tad bit too tall for a daily driver tho.
Gonna take more than that for advertising to get it moving tho.

Nice truck!;Sweet

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I spend money building up my truck with new parts. When I do finally find the crewcab that I want Ill have everything I need to make it a nice truck.

Why sell them when Theyll keep your next rig going ;Sweet

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the lift out and that a good daily driver rig, in great shape, and at 1/3 to 1/4 the price of a new one. I'd be willing to bet alot of guys on here have that or more into their own trucks, so I don't think the price is that far out of line.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for reference, my dad paid 8K for his truck 6mos ago. His had a new engine, GV, alum flatbed, paint, headliner, tint, 2 sets of alum wheels and 60+ % tires, and lots of nic-nacs all at varying times from 2 to 5 years before he bought it. He paid pennies on the dollar;Sweet I think that guy is asking a bit much, but your market up there might be really good for clean older trucks.
Travis..

LPRS

Reaction score
i have $5,000 in mine so far. next year i'll probably drop another $5,000 in it, and i'll have my high school dream truck, even if i had to wait till i was 25 and almost married to get it. $10,000 is reasonable to me, but i bought the obs ford so i could resurrect the old farm dog; half of the fun of the truck is knowing i have done all of the modifications. and those rims are ugly.:shake:

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey same here, I am pretty much broke, but it has been awesome. My truck had a blown motor and sat in a field for a few years. Now i look at it and I am like, "Damn"LOL

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1988 Truck

There is nothing wrong with spending money on old trucks, but you can't expect to ever get it back. You can build it how you want it, but you can never expect someone else to want it the same way. Therefore you can't ask what you have into it.

But, I must say that is a nice looking truck.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Thats very true, friend of mine says he'll never sell his 69 Cummins Ford cause he'd never get the well over 15k he has in back out.

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet looking rig!! A bit tall for everyday. I wouldn't be of $11,000 for a nice older truck [pre-emission,pre-ecm] Financing would be an issue.

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow i can buy a i would never pay that much for an old truck....i can buy my choice 99+ 7.3 for 11,000 np....just cause you put money into somehting doesn't mean its worth more..sorry this is crazy in my mind...

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow i can buy a i would never pay that much for an old truck....i can buy my choice 99+ 7.3 for 11,000 np....just cause you put money into somehting doesn't mean its worth more..sorry this is crazy in my mind...

And put just as much into keeping the thing running too. A PSD Super Duty is no comparison in this case.

True diehards of the older truck will understand. I wouldn't personally buy it, but I'm confident he'll sell it for what he wants when the right guy comes along.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well I can say that I purchased Goldie for $4950 and put that into restoring it from the ground up and adding the turbo. I can't quite say I've put that much back in maintaining it tho as it has been a very dependable truck.

Is it worth 10k? In my book, yup! And I wouldn't take anything less.

Much cheaper that making a $800/month payment to replace it with a new CC dually 4x4 diesel.

I've built another one from the ground up (Mater) and am planning a third when I get all of the parts rounded up.

Goldie may be a 20 yer old truck but to me it's a new vehicle in my book.