View new post issues

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is it when I return to this site:

Sometimes it correctly shows new posts

Sometimes it shows there is new posts on the home page when logged in, but when I click View New Posts it is something totally different.

Sometimes I click VNP and it shows none, but if I check by clicking on a forum I see new post have been made.

FYI- I never log out

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont log out either, and I get kind the same problem... It has to do with your computers cache. You will notice that the software will work correctly most of the time if you computer was turned off and back on before you return. The easiest thing is to hit the mark all forums read link at thebottom of the page when you leave.. or if you were here and read everything.....

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
If you don't log out your computer will not clear cookies. Those cookies are more than likely the method OB usus for new posts.
If oyu use Inernet Explorer you can do this manually by cliccing the "tools" button, then click "internet options", then click delet cookies.
If you leave the site after doing this you will need ti sign in next time you visit so don't do something stupid like me and realise that you don't know your own password til its too late.
If anyone knows the workings of this site better please feel free to correct me. the above info is general internet knowledge and not always the case.
Ken

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you hit the nail on the head Ken, its the cookies,,,,its always them dang cookies.

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
for a while there, it was saying I wasn't logged in every now and then if I didn't check in for a lil while.

as far as new posts, I always just use the back button and refresh, otherwise, stuff seems to disappear mysteriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online