Valve Cover ?

87-F-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to remove the passenger side valve cover without taking the air heater/conditioner housing off? I want to replace the valve cover gasket but don't want to take it half way off and then find I have to remove the heater housing too in that case I will just wait.

jeffgordon24

91 f250 kingcab 4*4
Reaction score
i had to remove the fuel filter head and bracket along with the alternator bracket

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can get to all the bolts with out taking anything off, although it is easier with the fuel filter out of the way. I've found that a 1/4" drive ratchet with a 2" extension is the easiest way.

good luck

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes its possible. like said above its easier to remove fuel filter, take alt. bracket off or loosen. I just took my alt off along with all the brackets and much easier than trying to fight everything when re-installing. Good luck.

BigDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its actually very easy to get it off with just taking the filter housing off. I just lifted the cover up, then pulled the rear out first, then out.

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know is Fel-Pro better or worse than other brands, but i that's what i used. They have only been in there for 1.5 weeks and no mileage yet, so i don't have a user experience on them either.

My truck has a 2" body lift so it might be little different than yours, but when i looked at passenger side valve cover i thought that it will be a struggle, but turned out that when you remove the fuel filter it's not much worse than the drivers side. In my case it really was time to change them, they were almost hard as a rock and easily cracked in to a little pieces...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer rubber over cork. I just get mine from the Ford dealer.

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was also rubber, Fel-Pro part # VS 50247 R . Thing with Ford dealers with me is that you can order parts mainly for European Fords, most of them doesn't even know what kind of truck F-250 is :eek: ...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I use the felpro with a coating of rtv permatex copper plus... No leaks ever...:sly

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used FelPro on "Russ" about 8 years ago. I put them on dry, and they haven't started leaking yet. I do however, tighten them ever so often

jactoy4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"snug"

too loose they leak and too tight youll split the gasket, start deforming the cover, or like i do quite a bit, snap the bolt off.

just go what they call "two fingers tight" :sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online