Using a 6.0L PSD Fuel Pump...

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A heads up the filters that international sells are the exact same Racor manfactured filters as the ford dealer. Only they are about $35 instead of $100. (Ford is crazy)

I might do this myself. Hmmm.

Carry on.

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am going to class tomorrow and Thursday so I will be away from work and my parts computer so I don't exactly know what my cost on it is but I get a good discount working for the dealership. Anyone got any ideas on how to measure the pressure that this pump would make on an IDI? What kinda restrictions does the fuel encounter?? Filter? Pump? etc?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I would think that if the regulator was a bypass type regulator, instead of a dead head regulator, is any fuel and pressure could be returned to the tank, and not dead head the pump. Just an idea.

Checking the 6.0L Bible, the HFCM has a pressure regulator the limits maximum fuel pressure to 100PSI out of the HFCM. There is a pressure regulator on the Secondary Fuel Filter Housing that start to return fuel out of the secondary filter at 60PSI +or- 5 PSI. I wonder if this is an adjustable regulator that could be used to regulate to IDI pressures. From the HFCM to the Secondary Filter is a hard line (like a brake line) and then a hard line out of the regulator, and a hard line out the the heads. The return from the secondary housing returns to the HFCM, and there is a regulator the DTRM which will allow fuel to return to either the unfiltered side of the HFCM or back to the tank. The DRTM looks to the just a pop valve that controls the fuel return depending on temperature. It is closed and recirculating fuel into the tank at 80 degrees F and is open to the pump at 50 Degrees F. This happens to be the same temps the intergrated heater (if equipped) turns on and off. On at 50 off at 80.

Might work. Would be cool to see someone give it a try. I know on my stock 6.0 it works really well.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
i have a couple of return style regulators if you need them to attempt this.

It would be cool to see. I just like simplicity.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online