Used Banks Turbo?

Black Horse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a used Banks system from a truck that is getting scarped because of a bad tranny and body. I can buy the kit for 500$. It looks like an older kit it has a large aluminum intake box on the engine looks a little different then the pics. of the new ones. Has Banks ever changed there kits? Are the older ones any good. Thanks

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
yes banks has changed there turbo kits, the old ones used to be non wastegated and the newer ones are. If its complete and in good shape its probably worth picking up but im not sure if you can still get parts for them anymore so that may come into play.

Black Horse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes banks has changed there turbo kits, the old ones used to be non wastegated and the newer ones are. If its complete and in good shape its probably worth picking up but im not sure if you can still get parts for them anymore so that may come into play.

Do you think the old kits made much less power then the new one? Or would it be more like the hypermax kit.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
No worries about the early kits. That's what I had on mine and it would run with anyone.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
A non gated turbo will boost until the wheels come flying apart and the turbo grenades. They are designed to be larger than what the engine requires, so that they dont overboost. But if you add more fuel, you'll get them to boost more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online