urgent 6.2 question

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all-
I know this is the ford IDI section, but you guys are the only ones who reply ;Sweet I'm about to swap an IP from a chevy 6.2 into my rover - which had the ip totally crap out last night when I'm trying to leave for moab today (grrrr)... anyways, just getting into it and it doesn't look like there is access to the three pump to gear bolts like on the fords. is the pump mounted to the gear on the 6.2 differently, or do you have to pull the water pump etc.? anything helps. thanks!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a cover to undo and get to the bolts
It is just like the idi.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nonono.
you have to remove the two bolts holding the oil fill pipe to the front cover and then remove the pipe.
you now have access to the pump gear bolts....one at a time.
i'm going to move this over to the chev diesel section before mel sees this and blows a gasket.

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks calvin - I was hoping you were on here. I've got it down these bolts - I'm assuming you have to bar the motor over to get to each one individually? what size are they? are there still 3 of them? I'll see you in the chevy forum :)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks calvin - I was hoping you were on here. I've got it down these bolts - I'm assuming you have to bar the motor over to get to each one individually? what size are they? are there still 3 of them? I'll see you in the chevy forum :)
i'm crazy....i bump the motor over with the starter and feel for the bolt head coming up at the same time.cookoo:D
yes, there's three of them.

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again - I didn't get around to posting last week, but I got the thing up and running and onto a trailer in time for moab... and it didn't even break out there ;) . It's still not running right, it likes surging for the first 10 or 15 minutes its running, and has some white smoke - I'm sure I'm getting some air in there somewhere, I'll just have to track it down. What a PITA the chevy IP is compared to the ford one! If I'd known then what I know now, that rover would have a 6.9 in it... Oh well, the 6.2 does what I put it in there for very well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker