Update on Jasper situation on tick noise

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
EZ.
If it's a valve spring, could you replace it without pulling the head? Pressurize the cylinder with air, then remove the keepers and replace the valve spring. The air pressure keeps the valve in place. I know this works on gas engines, but you inject air through the spark plug hole. Maybe with the right adapters, you could inject air through the glow plug hole. It might be easier than removing the head.
John

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure once we identify the failing cylinder, we'll take a look at the top end before we go to all the trouble. Coming for that clip this weekend John?

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Mel, I sent you a PM. I'll be at Jimmy C's this afternoon and I'll be down tomorrow for the front clip. See you then.
John

Exekiel69

Reaction score
That would me great, no need to go trough all that. But we'll be doing it with Mel so i'm sure is going to be done rigth, if I where doing it myself i'll provaby take the hole engine apart before i figure that out.

Anyway i'm ordering the comp test gauge. Now i talked to Jasper this morning and they said i should to a leak test and the press test too, wath is a leak test anyway?

Thank you, Exekiel.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Mel, looks like I won't be at Jimmy's. I see that it was rescheduled for the 17th. Glad I saw it before I drove 1.5 hours to get there. I still plan on comming down Sunday for the front clip. :thumbsup:
John

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
160k87F250 said:
Mel, looks like I won't be at Jimmy's. I see that it was rescheduled for the 17th. Glad I saw it before I drove 1.5 hours to get there. I still plan on comming down Sunday for the front clip. :thumbsup:
John

Yea. I just saw your post, and it was too late to stop you! :eek: Glad you checked before you went. I delivered the 351W to it's new owner in Dallastown today, and spent the afternoon working with the 6.9 plant for the Moosestang. Got it ready to paint. Next step, body lift and new bushings for the Bronco. What time do you think you'll be down? We might like to go boating. If you and your family want to go along, you'd be welcome. Around noon would be best if it suits you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes