UPDATE AND CORRECTION TO LINE PRESSURE

MARQ2277

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got it set up temporarily, because I don't have the veriable potentiometer I need. But, first I need to make a correction on the PIN/WIRE location. The diagram I was using was photocopied backwards. The #1 pin/wire (which is the red power wire) is located on the first location on the inside (the pin facing backwards). You will know, because pin/wire #6 should be the last pin on the inside towards the front of the truck, and it is also empty (no wire or pin). Next to the #1 pin/wire is the #12 pin/wire, and it should be white with a dark stripe. next up is #11 (still on the outside), and it should be white also but with a yellow stripe.

Any way, I have a five (5) ohm (I believe it is anyway) resister on the #11 wire (white with yellow stripe), and it shifts supper tight. It is awsome. It's hard to believe I can greatly improve the shift, safely boost the line pressure for $1.00. The ten (10) ohm potentiometer will cost me about $5.00 which I will get tomorrow (Sunday morning, it's about 3 in the morning right now). Also, I need to check the impedance again, because I believe my (low) ECP solenoid maybe ten (10) ohms, and not one. It's late, and I am tired. I will check it again in the morning before I buy the part I need, just to make sure I get the right one.

This is working out so well (between the converter lock up and line pressure), for about $10.00 anyone can (in some cases greatly), increase performance, gas milage, and wow factor.

Marq

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin