Twin ( parallel) turbos--redux

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I would have seen this thread sooner!

82F100SWB: I did the same number cruncher a couple months ago, and I agree with you wholeheatedly!!!

Personally I have done a junkyard twin-turbo setup on a fuel injected 351w Mustang. Flipped the manifolds, and it was sweetness.

If I had the time I'd be all over a twin 6.9 setup. Myself, I'd fabricate the manifolds from scratch with pieces from the plumbing store. They have nice steel 90* and tee pieces in various sizes, with the edges beveled for easy welding. Piece of of 1/8" steel flatbar bolt to the head, cut out holes for the exhaust ports, and do the plumbing!

Just like this: http://sdsefi.com/techheader.htm

I made my own turbo flanges quite easily for my twin Mustang project. I brazed in fittings to the oil pan so the turbo oil could return. I'd do the same for the IDI.

A twin IDI would just look so clean, with true dual exhaust and stacks... mmm...

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how about the turbos from an first gen. eclipse? they are a tdo5h for the standard. i know they can push almost 20 lbs boost moded right and they are somewhat small but big enough flow wise, i wonder if they would work better then a t3? any idea?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online