Turn up the Volume!!! Screamin' 0-60 IDI Motorhome!!!

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
IDI motorhome?!?! :love:;Sweet

I swear that gets up to 60 quicker than my 91 with a turbo :dunno

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, I don't think my truck gets up and goes that fast. Maybe after the new pump and injectors it will. I did love the sound since I haven't heard my truck run in a while. I have a few things to button up, then she will pull a 0-60 in 12+ seconds.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Not bad! That's about even with my friend's ex-UHaul w/ a 7.3, prob carrying about the same load!

Also, this really makes me want some better exhaust...my truck is a bit faster, but my fan is louder than my exhaust. :(

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The soundtrack was great, but I must admit to a little dissappointment when reality set in...I have been out of touch lately

See it went something like this; first I see the thread about the 900hp IDI watched the video and thought to myself "wow, that guy should open a fertilizer plant", then I open this one, pull the video and think "wow, dont ever remember a 140 mph spedo in an e-series"...as I watch it pull past 60 (mph in my mind) in 11 seconds I am in awe...and the needle is still moving strong as it passes 80, and closes in on 90.....I am literally on the edge trying to figure out how a 3.55 geared IDI motorhome can pull so smoothly to 80+ mph and then top out at 100.....then reality hit.

Still, it sounded great doing it

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
I am literally on the edge trying to figure out how a 3.55 geared IDI motorhome can pull so smoothly to 80+ mph and then top out at 100.....then reality hit.

Same here! I was wondering if he had 2.87 gears or something in the rear cause it didn't even go into third til right at 80 on the gauge... I was like 'wow'! Then it hit when he said 'there's 60'...:D

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Same here! I was wondering if he had 2.87 gears or something in the rear cause it didn't even go into third til right at 80 on the gauge... I was like 'wow'! Then it hit when he said 'there's 60'...:D

Don't forget....the KM/H to MPH difference. He's a Canuck like me....so 80 on his speedo would be 50 MPH.

I had the same thing happen when I did my 0 - 60 shoot...everyone thought my truck was doing 130 MPH :rotflmao.

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what really had me is when I launched the video I had the stats 3.55, c6, motorhome, and 11k lbs running through my head....

I know what my na t19 4.10 dually does when I am running with 15k and a high windload....with 3.55's and one less cog my expectation was along the lines of 60 next week, and a top end near 75.....needless to say as I watched the needle move what looked almost effortlessly (in mph terms) through the 80 & 90 markers I was stunned....as it pushed towards the century mark I was thinking as much as mine sems to run strong, there must be something seriously wrong....makes me want a canadian speedometer

FX4 Level2

NEEDS A DIESEL
Reaction score
John, is that what your gonna be taking on your tour of the states?

Btw my youtube handle is fmf666 ive been following you for awhile now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svttim

Members online