Turn Signal Switch

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Am attempting to install my new indicator switch in my rig with tilt wheel. I did this job long ago but had to view several utube vids. Turns out I have to remove the new connection end plastic piece for it to fit down thru the column. Note to self.. Make sure you have pics and see that all the pretty colored wires get back in the correct plug location. Not sure how any of you install this switch but it seems I'm on the right track.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done it twice. With a tilt wheel you do have to remove the wires from the plug, fish them thru a slot in the column, put the wires back. Just another reason to get a good switch. I bought an inexpensive switch the 1st time, lasted about 2-3 years. Got a better one (I think oem off of Rock Auto, not there now) this time. I don't have it recorded but it's been a few years already and still good so far.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for posting how you did this replacement. Utube is sometime misleading but still entertaining too. I purchased an original E7TZ 13341-B from ebay. A member suggested buying oem and not cheaping out so I did.Found prices up to $187.00 and made an offer on one for 65 bucks. Asking price was 85 bucks.Got it for 75 bucks.. Was a happy guy..:Thumbs Up

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get your switch swapped out yet?
Took my column out the other day so figured I would post a couple reference photos. Just two torx drive cap screws holding it in. Had to remove it to get the harness off anyway.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted pics of the connector in the other thread Gary if you still need it. That’s why I put it there.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
missed out on working on rig yesterday.. Pulling weeds and laying down tree food along with ground cover bark chips.So today I have been working on the rig..What a pain in the ass.Every fit.. Every screw has caused me nothing but trouble. Worst part so far has been the key cylinder engagement to the geared pos where all the connections to that easily broken pos connects.No matter how I tried. The lock cylinder gear would not mesh with the column gear.Utube was not able to help.I even removed the key cylinder after lots of video watching but that did nothing for the gear mesh. Finally I must have been holding my tongue correctly cause it finally went in correctly. Then the signal switch would not fit the two locations. That tilt area would not fit nor would the small locating pin fit the switch. Still more wiggling and install n take apart I finally "found the fit". All the wires are thru the column and waiting for me to connect to the original plug..I need a nap...:frustrate:mad::confused:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Finally got the switch installed and all flashers and corner signal lights work... So what happened to me turn indicator switch to fail like it did.No blinkers worked.rake lights worked and only the rear right flasher worked. I still have to button everything up but am pleased things are looking better.

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear it's working now. Sorry if the pics weren't of value but figured I'd chime in anyway. First time ive been into one of these trucks this far and hit the same headache just trying to get the thing out!

Shade tree, Another VW/IDI person I see, lol!
Thanks for catching that! I need the IDI to lug around all the air-cooled projects.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726