turbo

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
ok we all know the banks turbo is hard to get parts for. my only question is is it a standered t4 ehaust in let ? so i could say put a hx 35 on it off a cummins with out too much fab work to any thing but the down pipe and intake pipeing ? intake and down pipe is no biggey since i would hafta change it all any how to put on a intercooler i have a body lift so space not really a problem my turbo seals are probly bad altho iv been verry nice to it outher than pushing it for all the boost i can get outta it witch im not getting enuff of so its time to up grade i think . it seams to stick also i gotta let off and get back on it to get over 10 psi

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked your fuel system? That could be a reason boost is low. Also have you turned up the fuel at all either?

As for the Hx35, that is a decent turbo on these trucks. A guy named Mike that I know is running it and it boosts really quick. Also if you do get a Hx35, I would recommend getting the one with a 14cm2 housing instead of the 12cm2 housing. The 14cm2 housing will let it breathe better and will keep egts down a bit more but a 12cm2 housing does work if you get a good enough deal on it. That is what Mike is running.

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to jack the thread but is do you have any pics/further info on Mike's turbo setup?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep that's the thread. It worked for me as well. I'll see if it works on my computer when I get home Gary. If it doesn't I'll repost it for you.

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
my fuel is up halfa turn(3 flats) if memory is right i could dump more in but its not afraid to make cars dissapear behind me smokes clears up at 6 psi egts are under 1000 pre turbo

Trying my best

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the non wasted gated turbo...if so it's a Garrett with a t04b center section, h trim compressor wheel, and a P trim turbine. All these parts are are still available to rebuild your turbo.

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
i relly am trying to to hafta mod the turbo mount bc i really dont have any money i can get a turbo a friend has one laying around i just am trying to find out if banks used the t4 mount ?

Trying my best

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old non wastegated I recall is a t3, not sure about that fancy wastgated type. I do like where this is going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat