Turbo upgrade

BIGDIG

Body by Michelob
Reaction score
I'm still running a stock turbo,I'm concerned I might be pushing it to its limit.I'm running DDIII's,Edge Comp box,4"exhaust-turbo/back,AFE megga cannon filter.never dyno'd so not sure of HP.Whats the benefit of upgrading(HP,torqe,pyro temp,throttle response,etc.) and whats the next size up ???

Dodgeman101

Sled ******
Reaction score
One of the next steps is the HX-40 this is one size bigger than the 35 It can add 20 or more hp if you are fueled heavy enough. Or you could go with a B1 or call Enterprise Engine they have a new turbo out that is suposed to flow very well like the B1. Some bigger turobs add some lag depending on how you drive and/or are fueled I have a PDRhx-40 and I think it was slightly lagy with 80 hp injectors now with 130ish hp injectors it spools very nice but I am looin for the next step also before twins.

Dodgeman101

Hoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BigDig,
I also have DD3's a comp and a mega cannon I have a 5 inch exhaust. I resently went to a PDR HX40 and a blow off valve. You have several choices as far as turbo's go PDR Deisel Dynamics new Jammer series turbo's B1's.
With my PDR HX40 I saw a big drop in EGT's and a drop in boost also. You have plenty of air in and air out and fuel the turbo is your big restriction now. A larger turbo will do you good!!!

BIGDIG

Body by Michelob
Reaction score
cool guys,thanks.Sounds like that HX40 is the way to go.I know just the guy to get it from whos shop is 15 min from my house...Hmmmmm maybe I'll have to get it before MUNCIE:D ;burnout

B

Big K

The Dodgezilla seems to be working real well for some folks I know.

Dodgezilla

You can get one from Rip

Just another option, depending upon your application.

dodgeman01

TOWN DRUNK
Reaction score
has anyone ran the switzer s300 woth a small housing?
or maybe a hs-55 with a small housing?
I'm looking at the s300 for 800 bucks as my next turbo.
DM01

Lucas5477

Reaction score
I went with the Bell USB B-1 Turbo. You can read about it here

You must be registered for see images

Diesel Freak

Reaction score
It depends on how your truck is fueled. My hx40 was great with DD3's. Above 1600 RPM it was virtually lag free. On a six speed an HX40 works very well. On an automatic, you need at least DD3's to get it lit off when running a tight convertor. A cam helps also.

However, on my truck the HX40 it is just too small, and it will be getting replaced with something that can handle the fuel I am throwing at it.

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping my PDR 35..... I cant live without the E-Brake....

MUDDY

Reaction score
u can sell that used trbo mnt brk easy and get u an inline. worth it to have a 40 :)

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MUDDY
u can sell that used trbo mnt brk easy and get u an inline. worth it to have a 40 :)

I aint got an extra two grand laying around....