turbo question?

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I just picked up a banks sidewinder(non-wastegated). I was just curious where the oil dump tube from the bottom of the turbo is supposed to go....it looks like its supposed to go in the hole in the vally pan:confused: I must be missing a piece though...because it dosnt reach, can i re rought it to dump into the top of a valve cover or will gravity cause an issue with that? Thanks for the help.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The oil dump needs to be into the valley pan. It can't travel uphill ever so no it can't dump into the valve cover. What about giving Banks a call. Maybe they still sell the missing part.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It goes in the valley pan where the CDR used to go. Be sure to test your valley pan for proper oil flow to see if you need to "ice pick" it. Some valley pans do not have the turbo baffle design, and you have to perferate the baffle with an ice pick. If you can get a quart of hot oil to disappear through that hole by pouring it (use the largest funnel you can fit in the hole) continuously, and not have it back up on you, your OK.

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
banks still has the parts,they tend not to be cheap,but you may get lucky and catch the salesperson on a good day to get a fairly good deal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726